PDA

View Full Version : wireless access point

mojo76
12-05-2008, 11:39 PM
hi. sadly, i'm not all that savvy with some of this wireless stuff - can't quite make head or tail of what i should be doing with this netgear me102 access point. previously using a linksys router and which fed 4 pcs - all wired. had to move one of my pcs so i figured i'll use this netgear access point thing. it'd be great if someone could offer some advice... all i've done is pulled an ethernet cable out of a pc and shoved into this accep point. it lights up so i figure it's working. anyway, i try to connect to the wireless network through my laptop but nothing much happens. i also try to set up a wireless network but i get a little stuck when the wizard thing tells me to put the flash disk into the access point... there's no place for it to go. i don't have any instructions - a mate gave me the access point with a couple of ma102 receivers (i think that's what they are). sorry to sound confused/unclear but any help/advice, appreciated. thanks. mojo

dx100-uk
13-05-2008, 01:28 AM
the me102 adds wireless to an EXISTING router.
leave the old one inplace and feed the 102 from one of the outlets of the router you already have.

them follow the instructions.

they can be a pig to get going esp if you do not use dhcp.

dx

mojo76
14-05-2008, 09:54 PM
thanks for that - that is how i intend to use said access point; i finally managed to get the sware from netgear support site and, after a lot of messing around, got the damned thing working... for now. like you said, it is a bit of a dog to work out. thanks anyway. mojo

dx100-uk
15-05-2008, 01:24 AM
just wait till it loses power!

off you go again.
if you have a UPS feed it off that!

dx