PDA

View Full Version : AVG 7.5 Free

PaphosAL
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Been getting daily annoyware pop-ups from AVG for a couple of weeks now, about upgrading to AVG 8.0 - When you look at the details, though, you find it's gonna cost you!
New twist in the tail this morning: The pop-up now states that 'Support for AVG 7.5 will end on 31st May'- so we HAVE to upgrade to AVG 8.0 for ongoing AV protection.
So does this mean the end of AVG FREE as we know it? Cheers- AL

[edit]- To answer my own question: The pop-ups are not making it clear that a FREE upgrade to AVG 8.0 is available. Well it IS!

AVG 8.0 Free - Download installation files & documentation (http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe)

notanotherone
11-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Been getting daily annoyware pop-ups from AVG for a couple of weeks now, about upgrading to AVG 8.0 - When you look at the details, though, you find it's gonna cost you!
New twist in the tail this morning: The pop-up now states that 'Support for AVG 7.5 will end on 31st May'- so we HAVE to upgrade to AVG 8.0 for ongoing AV protection.
So does this mean the end of AVG FREE as we know it? Cheers- AL
[edit]- To answer my own question: The pop-ups are not making it clear that a FREE upgrade to AVG 8.0 is available. Well it IS!
AVG 8.0 Free - Download installation files & documentation (http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download?prd=afe)
you ahd me worried there casaue ive allready downloaded the free upgrade and you had me thinking i was gonna have to pay for it :roflmao:

DessertDog
11-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes it is free also have anti spyware free i have installed it this morning all seems good so far.

Lainie
11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
there is a free version of avg 8.0 available. i upgraded to 8.0 and it didnt cost a penny.

wullboy
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes it is free also have anti spyware free i have installed it this morning all seems good so far.
DD, what spyware are you using with avg m8

little_pob
12-05-2008, 01:50 PM
DD, what spyware are you using with avg m8
Its built into v8.

Sicilian
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I use AVG8.0 & windows defender for spyware, both free :)