PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ usb ports

gurdo
04-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Can the usb ports on a sky+ box be made use off?

I was wondering if I could some how copy my recording off the box onto say a usb stick? as I don't have a vcr/dvd recorder hooked up to it?

gurdo

krazylegz
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
they will be encypted with nds m8 so no good, i've never seen a newer box with these on (mine hasnt) but can only persume its for showing photos etc on the tv

gurdo
06-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Mines an Amstrad box, its got one USB on the front and one USB on the back.

But there's nothing in the User Manual to say how it can be used, nor did the Sky engineer know.

It crazy that you can copy your saved programmes to a connected DVD/VCR but you can't stick a memory stick in and copy to that - what's the difference?

gurdo

krazylegz
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
because it gets decrypted as it's being played, so when the dvd recorder is recording it's actually recording the decrypted file (as its being played) where as on a usb stick it wont be getting played it would just copy the file over so will still encrypted with NDS

jfish1971
18-08-2008, 12:10 PM
heard you can charge your IPod via the USB port so it does a use after all.

DavC
18-08-2008, 01:58 PM
the usb ports are powered on most sky+ boxes but thats about it, but you can't do anything more than use the 5v power they supply to charge a mobile/mp3 etc

wadamo
16-02-2009, 09:37 PM
that was a real let down when i found out you couldn't get your recorded stuff off the box using the usb port

that kinda sux