PDA

View Full Version : modding the wii

a1nads
29-04-2008, 11:09 AM
ive just bought a wii 3 weeks ago, i want to get it modified. r the newer models easy to do, or is it not worth doing

notanotherone
29-04-2008, 11:24 AM
like all mods some are easy some not but in your case it will depend on wot chip is inside your wii ,u say you bought it 3 weks ago was it new ?if so you will have a 2dc chip which will require a little more work than the first ones am sure if you get in touch wit a memeber called wiiman hell be n more than happy to put you right there is chip called aragon which you mite need for your wii and its a little bit more expensive but wiiman will see you allright as for is i worth it well most games are available on torrents and theyr just iso files burnt onto a dvd so.................. yes

tonybod
29-04-2008, 02:34 PM
ive just bought a wii 3 weeks ago, i want to get it modified. r the newer models easy to do, or is it not worth doing

I bought a D2CKey and WiiClip from Disco Azul about 3 weeks ago. 20 mins to install (you do need to solder the chip to the clip, I had experience in doing the same to my PS2 a couple of years ago). D2CKey has been running fine since installation.

bencrowther1
29-04-2008, 10:42 PM
iv herd that once you mod the wii you cant use it on the net can anyone confirm/deniy this?

wiiman
29-04-2008, 11:57 PM
iv herd that once you mod the wii you cant use it on the net can anyone confirm/deniy this?
you can still use it just fine on the net after modding mate, in fact i'm using mine online with mario kart a lot recently.

Celtic67
30-04-2008, 09:53 AM
There's a new version of D2Pro out soon which is a 9 wire install & looks a lot simpler than the 19 wire version available now. Whether it'll be as stable, we don't know yet.

One obvious advantage of this new version is that you'll be able to update it from disc, rather than needing a programmer.

Having said that, the 9 wire install still needs wires to be soldered to the chip legs, so if you aren't confident about doing that, look at an alternative, like the WiiClip.