PDA

View Full Version : Sky One plans 'Blake's 7' revival

thelostone
25-04-2008, 10:46 PM
For thoes of you who remember this i loved it
Sky One is planning to revive sci-fi hit Blake's 7 for two hour-long specials.

The channel has ordered scripts from B7 Media as part of an expansion of its original drama output.

Elaine Pyke, commissioning editor for drama for Sky One, Two and Three, said the broadcaster was making the largest commitment to UK drama in its history, spending more than ?10m - all on high definition productions - in 2008/9.

She said of the Blake project: "At a time when science fiction shows often discard good story-telling for overblown visual effects - and following the lead of Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica - the time is ripe for a revival of a show that represents the best traditions of the genre, not to mention one of the best-loved and most successful dramas of all time."

Sky One announced it was adapting three books (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. for the screen last month and recently added a production of Martina Cole's The Take and The Graft.

The original 1970s and '80s series was created by sci-fi TV writer Terry Nation for BBC One.

Chimaera
25-04-2008, 10:58 PM
God i hope they get rid of the hammy acting and dodgy sets and do a proper job this time then

thelostone
25-04-2008, 11:09 PM
God i hope they get rid of the hammy acting and dodgy sets and do a proper job this time then
Mate they were the best bits:roflmao:to be honest i dont think the beeb gave them a very big budget i think they had to use the same sets quite a few times

Chimaera
26-04-2008, 09:37 AM
The thing that used to make me roll was the spaceship lift in off and the model used to wobble

Jango
27-04-2008, 07:24 AM
The thing that used to make me roll was the spaceship lift in off and the model used to wobble

To this day Blakes 7 has got to be one of the best Sci Fi series ever made, it's easy for the yanks to throw money at a tv program but this is a whole lot more. It was the next step from Thunderbirds type models and it raised the bar.

It must be your TV mate thats doing the wobbling, not the spaceships LOL !