PDA

View Full Version : sky box second hand

kennym
23-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Could anyone help with this? My sky box packed in and I went and bought a second hand one. It works fine except when I try to watch sky films. It comes up with this is an incorrect card for this box! The other film channels like film4 and TCM and all the rest that aren,t sky work fine. Anyone no what I could do without phoning sky? Any suggestions much appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

borosmoggy
23-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Im not sure but i think the card is paired with the box to stop you just taking it out and using it anywhere i think you will have to ring sky altho i could be wrong and somebody on here might know more about this .

thelostone
23-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Have a read of this mate it might help http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f16/sky-box-paired-sky-card-23929.html

krazylegz
25-04-2008, 06:08 PM
as stated by lost have a read of that thread

and the box has to be paired with the card and connected to a telephone capable of making out going calls as the box needs to make a call back there is no getting away from this m8..... it has to be done by sky

jsm206
15-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi as stated can only be done by sky but you only need to have it connected to a telephone line if your sky subs are less than 12 month old after this you dont need the phone line unles you wish to order pay per view events

krazylegz
16-05-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi as stated can only be done by sky but you only need to have it connected to a telephone line if your sky subs are less than 12 month old after this you dont need the phone line unles you wish to order pay per view events

thats not entirely true m8.........to pair a card with a box it has to be connected to a phone line so it can make a call back to complete the pairing, then after the call back it can be disconnected if subs are over 12months old