PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto 4 PAL release

tinkertiler
23-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Grand Theft Auto 4 has been released on the net for the 360 for all those that are interested. BUT and this is a very big BUT!!! Make sure that when you have played the game or are playing the game YOU DON NOT GO ON OR CONNECT TO LIVE till the 29th of April. Microsoft and Rockstar are working together to stop people playing it beforehand. This may mean a ban or not im not sure but there is no point in taking a risk on it its just not worth loosing LIVE!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Quote from Xbox-Scene

>> We received information this was sent to people who get GTA IV early... it seems like they are making sure that even if the game was leaked online prior launch (UPDATE: It seems that in meantime the Xbox360 PAL version of the game leaked online ...) it will not be usable online and achievements will stay hidden:
[QUOTE]
Xbox 360 Version:
We need your Gamertag because Microsoft will be helping Rockstar Games monitor access to the online modes up to release date. Because of this, we will need to add your Gamertag to the approved list of gamers who can play online prior to release. In addition to supplying this information, if you do intend to go online before April 29th, you will need to change a couple of the basic settings on your Xbox 360 and keep these settings like this till the game comes out, otherwise other people will be able to see your achievements list for GTA IV (even if you are playing another game) and we'd like to keep that information back for the fans. You will have to switch your profile to private and appear off line. We have attached a document that explains exactly how you do this just in case.

caoimhe
23-04-2008, 08:36 PM
i dont play online :) so i don think this will affect me :) not good enough for online,,, one of the added benefits of being a poor player

:lol3:

tigersbay
24-04-2008, 11:21 PM
i have changed the date on my 360 till the 30th of april and i will not be connectin my 360 till a modem till the 30th is this enought 2 stop me from being banned?thanks for the info btw

tinkertiler
25-04-2008, 07:40 AM
You dont need to change the date on the 360 as it resets every time you turn it on/off. As long as you dont go online in the mean time you should be ok.

mburns
28-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Sorry Bout that post :( I wont do it again :)

Thanks Guys

stupotster
29-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Think i'll buy it...want to play online!...safest option tbh!

cmia-developments
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
playin this game now ... its brill better than the others i think

f0xsplit
16-08-2008, 06:37 PM
i havent got into gta4 as much as the other ones, seems too realistic and not as much fun for a quick blast ... what rest of you think?