PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives for non geographic 0870 0845 numbers

kilowatt
21-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Not sure if anyone else gets as frustrated as I do when you have to ring a company up on a non geographic number which can't be used as part of your contracted free minutes. These companies make a profit out of having an 0870 number. They usually set this number for their complaints/ customer service dept. There's a great website that gives you an alternative landline number for alot (and I mean alot!) of companies out there. Sometimes theres even a freephone number! (although you would still be charged on an 0800 number from your mobile)

hxxp://To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. p.s I don't have any affiliation with this website nor am I advertising for it.

rky
28-04-2008, 11:44 PM
kilowatt i have used that site for a while and can confirm to others that it is very useful. 1 tip is that when searching by tel no it doesn't always find that number (i think because of the spacing) so if it doesn't find it try searching by the company name as well.

byb3
04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
If you have free minutes on your mobile phone you can also use one of the dialler companies (I use 18185). Some of the mobile companies have the cheek to charge you for 0800 (free!!) phone calls, but you can go through these and they will only take up your free minutes. For example I can call Taiwan for 5p/minute with my free minutes through the dialler, I dare to think how much that would cost otherwise.

Collider
05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
If you have free minutes on your mobile phone you can also use one of the dialler companies (I use 18185). Some of the mobile companies have the cheek to charge you for 0800 (free!!) phone calls, but you can go through these and they will only take up your free minutes. For example I can call Taiwan for 5p/minute with my free minutes through the dialler, I dare to think how much that would cost otherwise.

I have alot of free minutes with 02 and the end of the month and this sounds good,so you are saying that i wont get charged at all for phoning 0845 numbers and it will just come out of my allowance of minutes?

kilowatt
28-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I have alot of free minutes with 02 and the end of the month and this sounds good,so you are saying that i wont get charged at all for phoning 0845 numbers and it will just come out of my allowance of minutes?

I think byb3 is saying you may still get charged on your contract for some phone calls, e.g 5p/m to taiwan, but maybe not UK non geographic?