PDA

View Full Version : Replay lite

mark_hopley
02-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Anyone have experience with this box? Is it as bad as the Replay PVR box? Does it still have glitching problems?

mikado
05-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I've setup and used 4 so far but never had any problems with any of the 4, they all seem to run well for me.

Diablo13
05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Mikado, I see you are in the states so I presume you are unaware of problems in the UK where service upgrades have caused most of them to crash. You must have a different image to us as you are on NTSC. Just us here playing catchup again I guess, LOL. v:)

mikado
05-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm not actually in the States, thanks for pointing that out now changed lol I've had 4 of the Replay Lite boxes running for around 3 months now and neither of them have crashed or stopped working not even as much as a freeze. All of them are running rev 7.43.

Bainsy
05-12-2006, 03:25 PM
i have a replay lite and is working fine

hotbaws
14-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Following up on another thread (http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f140/11632-alternative-eurovox-max.html#post64763) I have recently bought a replay lite and am very happy so far! I don't see a lot of support for the replay lite but I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

For example, these boxes may work really well and if there are any service upgrades, only a rescan may be required? Thus that may be the reason nobody is complaining about the replay lite (forget about the replay pvr as I know there are loads of problems with that)

But if this is not the reason then if the box goes down and a rescan (or reflash) doesn't fix it, what do I do? This is where I could be stuffed!!!

Diablo13
14-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I am now running my Replay as a replay lite, without the hdd connected. Its better but it still locks up on occasion. I would'nt have another 1 ever. A D box or a Eurovox is cheaper and more reliable and has more support if anything goes wrong.
Does anyone actually know who makes the Replay box? At least if we knew that we could contact the manufacturers, but it seems they work out of some mysterious underground bunker. As you said yourself, if anything goes wrong your stuffed. I hope your luckier than I was.