PDA

View Full Version : Sony STR-DB930 is it dead Jim?

ceepee2003
13-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I have a Sony STR-DB930, it has been a faithfull work horse over the years and performed excently. However, the other night I changed the output over to the dvd player, green lines appeared on the tv screen then it went black. I now have no output picture from any of the inputs, but I am getting the sound out. I'm assuming that the video switching circuit has blownup or something. Does anyone know if this is repairable or, if it is even worth it? Would I be better off replacing it with something newer that had HDMI ports?

pande_monium
19-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I have a Sony STR-DB930, it has been a faithfull work horse over the years and performed excently. However, the other night I changed the output over to the dvd player, green lines appeared on the tv screen then it went black. I now have no output picture from any of the inputs, but I am getting the sound out. I'm assuming that the video switching circuit has blownup or something. Does anyone know if this is repairable or, if it is even worth it? Would I be better off replacing it with something newer that had HDMI ports?

My guess is that you've somehow changed the video output from RGB to something else. I'd try to reset the dvd player to factory settings somehow. This will reset its video output back to factory settings and you may be able to see something on the screen again.

I'd also change the scart/a-v cable and see if that makes a difference. If you were using a scart, I'd recommend you try a a-v cable. If you were using an a-v cable, try the scart. If the dvd player was set to send the video signals to the tv using auto mode, it would reset and change the signal output automatically. If not... well at least you would have tried an alternative cable to negate the chances of a faulty cable.

I'm willing to bet that you've changed the output signal by mistake.