PDA

View Full Version : cooker point

Wreksta
13-04-2008, 12:58 AM
does any one know how a sad sap like myself fitts an electric cooker in
is it a simple case of tapping in to a standard double plug socket or more involving
there is defo no cooker point in our property or it has been ripped out or covered up all help would be greatly appreciated
as we are not wealthy in the least and ellecy cookers are cheeper than the gas to buy

dx100-uk
13-04-2008, 01:45 AM
you need to find out if its a cooker that can work on a 13a socket outlet.
if not and there is no cooker point fitted to your house
i'm afraid you will have to get a sparks to do it.
there are new [p reg] regulations inplace now and it will be illegal for you to diy as the kitchen is deemed a wet area and it will be a new installation too!

TBH if you dont know what you are doing & as you will have to wire this into the consumer unit on a special breaker, i would seriously get someone suitably certified and trained to carry out the work.

look in the electrical section for info on the p regs inmy other post yesterday about p regs

dx

wullboy
13-04-2008, 09:41 AM
If you still have the cooker switch on the wall, but no cooker termibal below the box, then you gan hard wire straight in to the cooker box,, most cooker switches have a terminal about 2 feet away from the cooker isolator, but this is just a cosmetic thing to keep the cable out ot sight, BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COOKER BOX, they are the only box that can take the load of the cooker m8,, best of luck ??