PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart - peep peep !!

Jango
11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Picked up a brand new out of the box shinny "backup" of Mario Kart for the Wii yesterday. Kids have been hammering the same Mario Kart on the DS and love it, but this, it takes the Wii onto another level. Kids love the Wii version although it's still early days, I reckon this will be the game of the year for the Wii. If you do have a spare ?40 and your Wii isn't chipped, this is a good investment - even more if you have kids !!!

Just an added bit for this, went back on last night an used the WiFi option, makes this game even more worth the money (which sounds a bit two faced as I haven't bought it, but hey) anyway you have the option to play just you against upto 11 others from around the World (brings their Mii's onto the screen with there nick names, nothing more than that so don't worry about kids going on there.) You also have the option of you and a mate (2 players) taking the same option and both playing against the rest of the world. You can see you world ranking at any point, I'm still like Luxonburg - nil pra.

Long way to go on this game but so far it's a cracker !!

linzi_h
11-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Was thinking of getting this game but none of my friends have got it so I didnt wanna spend the money then not enjoy it. Thanks for the info on it. Will op out on payday to get it

morrise12
13-04-2008, 12:47 AM
have this myself runs like a charm an nintendo have master the wii remote with the steering

defo worth the ?40 if your wii isnt chipped

EB01
13-04-2008, 01:18 PM
The steering has been perfected.. it's not just the kids that will love it..

Lainie
14-04-2008, 09:31 PM
i get mine on wed. my local game store in braehead ran out of them. not complaining as i know someone who works there so im getting a bit off it. woo hoo

sifurlong
16-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Anyone want to let me know their wii numbers, would be great to have a WOD race or 2.
Will post mine in here when I get home

notanotherone
24-04-2008, 12:40 PM
just burnt this myself and for a very good friend of mine but got this it asked me to do an update, i knew that i allways have the latest update on my wii but checked anyway and i did,it asked me to update and ok went to the next screen and it said something like "in order to play thsi game you ahve to ahev the latest update if you have modified your unit in any way it will render it useless" something like that now i dont want to give this to my friend in case it does some damage

annyway just took the plunge and updated from disc works gr8 so much fun with it zoooom zooooooom

jahilton2002
24-04-2008, 01:48 PM
lol mario kart its cool.... i've be playin with the jap people online lol so much fun

Jango
24-04-2008, 04:11 PM
just burnt this myself and for a very good friend of mine but got this it asked me to do an update, i knew that i allways have the latest update on my wii but checked anyway and i did,it asked me to update and ok went to the next screen and it said something like "in order to play thsi game you ahve to ahev the latest update if you have modified your unit in any way it will render it useless" something like that now i dont want to give this to my friend in case it does some damage

Hiya Nota, I had a similar message about updating from the disk and I took chance and updated. I didn't though get the same message you have and mine is working fine (the wii that is). I was advised by the lad who chipped it to never update from the disk, only from Nintendoooos site themselves, incase of the problems you have. Is the copy you have hold of a PAL or a NTSC, I've had a couple of NTSC by accident and had problems with them. Mainly they come up with the cover screen but then the wii goes black and I have to reset it. Have you tried the nintendooo for the latest update ?

notanotherone
24-04-2008, 04:18 PM
defo a pal one

dumbo
24-04-2008, 10:06 PM
hi burned this myself updated wii put disc in still says wii update required let it update with disc in updated works fine

Collider
25-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Anyone wants to play just add me from the friend code in my sig,let me know who you are tho before adding ie.. pm ;)