PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Please Help!!!...

mmdpkaaa
30-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi all, having a problem with my PC. Itd an ACER ASPIRE T130 desktop, which has an AMD 3200+ 64 processor and running windows XP. Whilst in the BIOS I clicked on restore all defualt settings, and now both the case fan and CPU fan are running on maximum all the time and not regulating the temperature. I have tried upgrading the bios to the latest version but it has still not worked. Whilst flashing to the upgraded BIOS and the computer was in DOS the fan functioned normally but then as soon as i rebooted the problem started again.

I have tried installing "speedfan" which allows me to change the fan speed manually - it initially reduces it for a couple of seconds but then it goes back to full speed.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated....

marty4k
01-07-2006, 12:40 AM
sounds as though default safe settings run fans at max.

u need to look for the settings and manualy change them to adjust as needed or software controlled id guess.

try looking in yer mobo manual for help.

mmdpkaaa
01-07-2006, 08:55 AM
unfortunately didnt get a mobo manual with the PC - it was an ex display model but has been running perfectly until i decided to mess about and change the bios to default! can't change any settings manually in the BIOS - any suggestions cos im stuck...

little_pob
05-07-2006, 08:10 AM
If you open your case (provided doing so it doesn't void any warranty you have on the computer), the model number should be printed, somewhere, on the motherboard (carefull not to touch the motherboard or daughter cards without earthing yourself, static electrcity and computers don't mix!).

You can then use the model number to search on google or the Acer website for a manual.

Tallywadger
05-07-2006, 11:13 AM
why can't you change any settings manually in bios m8? the same way you get into change it to default will allow you to ammend all the settings...one will have the fan settings or temp setting.....????

jay
05-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Had a look for you and it seems to be a problem for most, the solution apparently is to enable cool and quiet in the bios as well as installing the AMD 64 driver, amended power management to minimal in XP and enable ACP in Bios

Hope this helps

edit: also found this review, he had the same problem after messing about in bios
I have had one major issue with this unit. The fans seemed to be very noisy and the main board ran at quite a high temperature. I visited the ACER website and found a replacement updated BIOS flash. Whilst I found this easy to install and it did fix the issue, I am not so sure it would be something that a standard user would think about let alone want to install.
The only other thing that went wrong was the CPU fan decided to die on me. This is another odd thing that an average user would not be able to fix.