PDA

View Full Version : help please

wilkyedin
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
realy unsure wether or not to upgrade to vista from xp pro..mite even go mac...wot u think guys

opinions appreciated

little_pob
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I like Vista, but I also like XP.

I would ask what the spec of your PC is before you upgrade to Vista? And unless you're going for 64bit I don't think I'd recommend it.

As for mac, go to PC World and try playing about with one. Worth noting that whilst most of the major vendors do mac versions of their software, they generally don't come out at the same time (either before or after). Pirate mac software is also a bit more difficult to come across. Also the mac isn't really a gaming OS - not just because not many of the games don't get ported from the PC. But you could always dual boot a mac with XP via bootcamp.

wullboy
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
realy unsure wether or not to upgrade to vista from xp pro..mite even go mac...wot u think guys
opinions appreciated
xp pro m8, iv`e got vista with my new lappy, total and utter s***e m8

thelostone
01-04-2008, 09:25 PM
xp pro m8, iv`e got vista with my new lappy, total and utter s***e m8
I got to agree with that i had vista on my lappy but took it off for xp pro, took a while for me to get all the drivers but that was more to do with the laptop not the os if you do a search there are a few threads about this

DessertDog
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Xp all the way m8 Unless you have a very very top spec machine i would stear clear of Vista

Magnu420
01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
only had a try of vista a couple of times and compared to me xp pro xp booted up quicker
then the vista even though the xp pro had loads of sh*t starting compared to vista
but i have been toying about with linux which im slowly likeing

i hope this helps....

monkeybrains
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Stick to XP, Vista still has too many problems.

mush
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
i fink xp is doing better than vista waste of time xp day or night

markpocock
10-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Everyones opinions are valid, but XP is a dying breed and if your machine meets the minimum specs then I would go for Vista. However, if you play older games then XP is the choice. The dilemma here is though, what if you play a mixture of new and old games.. Some new games are Vista only and will not run on XP.

I have two machines, one with XP and one with VISTA. The Vista one is used for "modern" gaming, surfing the net and .NET development, whereas the XP one is used for older games.

I realise that having this setup gives me a better option over others, however, there is also the option to dual boot or even select the boot device on starting the pc up. Have an installation of Vista on one drive and an installation of XP on another drive and when the pc comes up ask it to boot of the relevant drive et voila.