PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 3 flshing red lights

twest
24-03-2008, 08:03 PM
if anyone has a 3 flashing red light on there console just ring up customer services and you get 3 years warrenty on the console and they pick up and send you a new console.

tinkertiler
26-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Sorry mate you are wrong!!!

You phone customer services and then they send out a box that you send your console back in. You then wait a few weeks maybe months and then they send your console back fixed

IF and this is a very big IF :-

1. You have not modded the console in any way. (firmware mod or fan mod)
2. You have not been banned off live. (some people get away with it but they are clamping down on it now!)
3. The 3 year warranty ONLY covers the Red Ring of Death and that is it!!!

Yes MS will fix it for you but it may take a while someone i know had to wait 2 months for it too return. There are other methods of fixing it some legal and others not so legal !!!

If you have a older console before they released the falcon chip it is a case of WHEN the console will fail and not IF im afraid.

bladesftp
26-03-2008, 04:48 PM
the best way to do it if ya are gonna send it back is do it all online thru Xbox.com | Support (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. that way you dnt have to talk to anyone i have done 3 this way

buttyrudecat
28-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Another way is find someone thats recently brought a 360!! swap the stickers over on the back of the console! just be careful when doing it! and take it back to the shop it was brought from! Ive done it about 4 times on one receipt at gamestation! one of the consoles had been opened up! the best receipt to use is a the one brought with pre-owned console because if they ask any questions just tell them thats how it come!

popol
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Mine is buggered as it was opened for modding hence cannot take it back for a swap. I didn't even get the chance to go on line.

sini
09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Mine is buggered as it was opened for modding hence cannot take it back for a swap. I didn't even get the chance to go on line.

Since you have nothing to lose you should first try wrapping it in blankets and powering on for 15-20mins. If this does not work; take it apart and re-apply sinks but use quality thermal paste like arctic silver. If its still messed up you can use coins to apply pressure to the memory when the case is closed, and lastly (if nothing else works) use a heat gun for a few secs on the motherboard in an attempt to reflow the solder.
I think thats about all. Anyone got any other suggestions?

tinkertiler
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT do the towel trick EVER!!! it will make it work for a very short while then that is it FOOKED!!!! If you do this you are risking damaging the 360 in alot of different ways and cause ALOT more damage than has already been done. If you have modded just the drive and nothing else remove the warranty sticker totally and clean it all up where the sticker has been. As long as you have NOT been banned from live then you will be able to send it back to MS and they will fix it. Dont mention about the warranty sticker or modding it in any way.

You will most certainly get it fixed by ms if you ring them as the 3 red lights is covered by a 3 year warranty. Even if that doesnt work then do the x clamp fix version 3 to get it going again.

JUST DONT DO THE TOWEL TRICK!!!!!!

flipout
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
can you get counterfeit stickers for the xbox 360?

tinkertiler
13-04-2008, 01:01 AM
you dont need one just remove it and clean everything where it was then send it back they aint that bothered anymore with them.

If you are thinking of modding your console just heat the sticker up with your thumb by rubbing it for a few seconds till it gets faily warm then prize the case apart and leave the sticker on half of the case then it will be in the same place when you close the case back up. So it looks like it hasnt been opened. Done this many times and sent a couple back to ms with this aswell and no complaints

s44byy
13-04-2008, 08:20 AM
JUST DONT DO THE TOWEL TRICK!!!!!!..... it messed mine up even more...... just send back to microsoft

craigyboy
17-04-2008, 05:37 PM
mines not long just got the 3 red lights....im gutted coz mines been flashed :S

tinkertiler
17-04-2008, 05:40 PM
If you havent been banned from live send it back to Microsoft. Dont worry about the warranty sticker just take it off and clean where it was and if they say anything just say it never had one.