PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Infobar Icons

Satsearching
23-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Osborne provided myself with some example code for the above some time ago and with the Bank Holidays I finally got time to have a play with it.
Basically, it enables Channel icons to be displayed on the infobar in Enigma Images, the icons are in PNG format so easy to create and capable of consisting of many colours. The icons are simply called the same as the channel name so universal in all areas! Simple modding of any skin will display the icons of any size anywhere on the screen!
Quick snapshot enclosed using a modded version of PaphosAL's "Hybrid" skin as shipped with SS-Enigma. A bit more work tomorrow and I will post up a diff and details of the mods required in a skin. Thanks again to Osborne for the help.

Edit: Just to add, there is also a feature that can be switched on in the menu to log any channels that the code doesn't find an icon for! It logs the channels in a file in the tmp folder by channel name!

SS

Satsearching
23-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Here is an example using a Neutrino skin for happy peeps.

SS

osborne82@
23-03-2008, 11:30 PM
my post count too low lol hope it looks good :)

cheers

osborne82

Satsearching
23-03-2008, 11:44 PM
my post count too low lol hope it looks good :)
cheers
osborne82

It will look better tomorrow m8 after a bit more work!

Cheers

SS

PaphosAL
24-03-2008, 01:00 PM
That looks really wicked, SS! Great work, m8! What sort of payload to you estimate, with a full set of icons stored?

Cheers- AL

Satsearching
24-03-2008, 02:43 PM
That looks really wicked, SS! Great work, m8! What sort of payload to you estimate, with a full set of icons stored?

Cheers- AL

Well it depends on the size/quality of the icons so as a fair test I knocked up a Discovery Turbo icon in png format at 120x60 so same size as the Neutrino RAW files I was playing with the other week.

Neutrino RAW Discovery Turbo icon = 3.52k
Enigma PNG Discovery Turbo icon = 1.33k

Added to this the png is not limited in it's colours like RAW files so much better icons can be produced. So the payload shouldn't be too bad.

Enclosed are the quick test screen shots.

SS

maxqa99
24-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Just echoing what Al said, these look great for the SS Enigma image.

Great work and look forward to trying these out :)

nitr8
25-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Well it depends on the size/quality of the icons so as a fair test I knocked up a Discovery Turbo icon in png format at 120x60 so same size as the Neutrino RAW files I was playing with the other week.
Neutrino RAW Discovery Turbo icon = 3.52k
Enigma PNG Discovery Turbo icon = 1.33k
Added to this the png is not limited in it's colours like RAW files so much better icons can be produced. So the payload shouldn't be too bad.
Enclosed are the quick test screen shots.
SS

i would not bother with neutrino, its already been done with the rounded stuff.

looks the bees knees thou.

--me