PDA

View Full Version : some thoughts

nitr8
21-03-2008, 07:52 PM
As some of you are aware, I have trying to get most of the basic UK stuff into the CVS.

I have been away to the US for 3 or so weeks and have been thinking. Please share what you guys think of my thoughts.

And no i'm not volunteering to do the work, my life is too hectic now and my skills are simply not good enough for this sort'a stuff :p

1) redesign the UK scan, instead of hacking the german cable stuff lets have our own (we can then use #ifndef ENABLE_UK) or maybe just a separate menu (Cable UK)

2) #ifndef ENABLE_UK then use cables_uk.xml so this could be checked in instead of being diffed or copied in during the build process.

3) change speedys SetMyLocation I cleaned out as to not restart the box, we can simply kill the relevant services, if a reboot is a MUST then add a confirmation box to reboot (Yes/No)

4) LOCALE'ISE bouquets so that there is no renaming needed.

5) Add --enable_uk to configure

6) Add Set My Locations to neutrino (#ifndef ENABLE_UK)

I guess if we get those 6 in we can build a clean UK image from CVS without any code changes?

What your guys thoughts on this?

Anyone willing to take some of those tasks on?

--me

pt-1
22-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Maybe you guys can also get Cydine back in the boat as Houdine has checked in the manual cable scan now.

I assume part of this can be used for the UK ;-)

cydine
29-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Just had a quick look at the changes checked in and it will require a total rewrite of the diffs to get the uk scan working again.

I will have to look a bit closer to see how best to integrate the uk scan without changing any of the german stuff but #ifdefs will be a must.

My main concern is that it will be a lot of work and I'm just worried that there's no chance of making it into cvs. Whatever happened to the zapit config stuff?
And I'm still waiting for the enigma infobar stuff to go in 2+ yrs later. That is configurable by a menu option and will not affect the german stuff in any way but for some reason zee germans refuse to add it.

Just my 0.02.

nitr8
29-03-2008, 07:02 PM
My main concern is that it will be a lot of work and I'm just worried that there's no chance of making it into cvs. Whatever happened to the zapit config stuff?
And I'm still waiting for the enigma infobar stuff to go in 2+ yrs later. That is configurable by a menu option and will not affect the german stuff in any way but for some reason zee germans refuse to add it.
Just my 0.02.

cydine,

Please remember I have only been on the scene now for a year. The info bar stuff for enigma was well before my time so sorry I missed that.

cydine pass me whatever you want in cvs I will check it in. (source dependent of course :)

--me

renwich
29-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I ran a build last night, I stripped out all of the neutrino menu stuff where the most failures to patch were, kept all the zapit, scan.cpp sdt.cpp, nit.cpp and a few other bits in , good news is the fast scan still worked, I just had to set the netid using SML

PaphosAL
30-03-2008, 11:05 AM

Just my 0.02.

Cydine- SatSearching is doing some wonderful stuff at present with the enigma Infobars, in readiness for SS-Enigma 3, m8. Why don't you bang heads with him?

Any of your work that gets used, SS will fully accredit to you for sure. Pity to see genius dev go unused, otherwise...

Cheers- AL

Satsearching
30-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I think it is Cydine's Enigma UK infobar mod that I am using for now/next, as he says it gives an option in the expert setup to switch it on/off so won't muck anything up for non-uk. Would be nice if nitr8 could get it checked in though!

SS

PaphosAL
30-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Ah, I see... So all Cydine needs to to do now (should he choose to accept this mission, LOL!) is to suss out how to get Virtual Zap in Infobar working in Enigma, like it does in Neutrino!!

And Cydine- your invaluable work on Now 'n Next EPG in the Infobar was certainly NOT wasted, m8. Take a look at SS-Enigma for dBox2 by SatSearching, or MrDude's DM image. It was a tester of the PB-Enigma image in the latter half of last year (with no EPG in the Infobar), that first raised my interest in Enigma.

Thanks to SS and MrDude for picking-up on your stuff, and integrating it into their images!! AL

nitr8
30-03-2008, 07:55 PM
SS,

If you post some of the enigma diff's I can play about and then pass it on. Why don't we look @ doing the #ifdef for UK on enigma too and I can check your **** in.

--me

Satsearching
30-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Enigma UK infobar diff with expert setup epg cache on/off option attatched, credit to Cydine for this.

Cheers
SS

SS,
If you post some of the enigma diff's I can play about and then pass it on. Why don't we look @ doing the #ifdef for UK on enigma too and I can check your **** in.
--me

Edit, if you could get this into the CVS it will also make a lot of UK Dreambox users very happy in future.

renwich
30-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Pobably not done in the Ideal or correct way but

to get this to work you need to change from complete scan to one transponder, then change your settings, then change back to scan complete, save the settings and scan.

I think its best if Cydine works his magic though rather than me hack at it

A test image

YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement (http://download.yousendit.com/894B126B0EC4DFD2)

cydine
30-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Enigma UK infobar diff with expert setup epg cache on/off option attatched, credit to Cydine for this.
Cheers
SS
Edit, if you could get this into the CVS it will also make a lot of UK Dreambox users very happy in future.

Made a couple changes to the diff. This is the final version that needs to be checked in.

Just made changes manually so could someone quickly check that it patches ok?

Satsearching
31-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Made a couple changes to the diff. This is the final version that needs to be checked in.
Just made changes manually so could someone quickly check that it patches ok?

Just tried, patches ok, just line offsets probabbly due to newer cvs

patching file apps/tuxbox/enigma/src/enigma_main.h
patching file apps/tuxbox/enigma/src/setup_extra.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 130 with fuzz 2 (offset 6 lines).
patching file apps/tuxbox/enigma/src/enigma_main.cpp
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2072 (offset 19 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2260 (offset 19 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 6700 (offset 231 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 6730 (offset 231 lines).

cydine
31-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Pobably not done in the Ideal or correct way but

to get this to work you need to change from complete scan to one transponder, then change your settings, then change back to scan complete, save the settings and scan.

I think its best if Cydine works his magic though rather than me hack at it

So thats what the new scan menu looks like.

I will get it fixed up asap. Will probably just get it working first of all and then look at integrating it fully with the german stuff later.

pt-1
01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
BTW.

Nirvana released a test diff here --> http://tuxbox-upload.wittnet.de/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=sectionsd1260.diff&directory=Diffs& <-- to fix double entrys from the German Pro7/Sat1 Group.

It is not tested but maybe as usual you can use something from it.

A binary is here to test: -> http://tuxbox-upload.wittnet.de/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=sectionsd1260.zip&directory=Binaries <-

pt-1
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Updated Binary: -> Tuxbox-Upload (http://tuxbox-upload.wittnet.de/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=sectionsd1260_fixed.zip&directory=Binaries)

static bool deleteEventsFromTableSection(const t_channel_id serviceUniqueKey, const unsigned char table_id, const unsigned char section_number)
{
if (!table_id)
{
}
}
was wrong and should have been:

if (table_id)

gav12345
18-04-2008, 06:29 PM
So thats what the new scan menu looks like.
I will get it fixed up asap. Will probably just get it working first of all and then look at integrating it fully with the german stuff later.

how you getting on m8 with this