PDA

View Full Version : Linksys router

Albertz
17-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I have just bought a linksys wrp200 wireless router and i have followed all the setup instructions but i have had no joy connecting to the internet. It is set to Automatic Configuration - DHCP but when i go to status then router it is not showing an ip address it is just set to 0.0.0.0. Could any one help me with this, thanks?

pande_monium
18-03-2008, 12:44 AM
I have just bought a linksys wrp200 wireless router and i have followed all the setup instructions but i have had no joy connecting to the internet. It is set to Automatic Configuration - DHCP but when i go to status then router it is not showing an ip address it is just set to 0.0.0.0. Could any one help me with this, thanks?

Hey mate,

It would help if you can provide some more information. If this is the 1st time you're trying to configure a router, then I'd suggest you disable all security options and establish connectivity first. Once you've got connectivity, then you can ramp up security.

1. Are you able to connect to the internet if you connect to the router via an ethernet cable?
2. If you see the network, can you connect to it?
3. If you can see the network and cannot connect to it, what error do you get?
4. What make is the router?
5. What make is the wifi dongle/card?
6. Have you tried re-setting the router to factory defaults and starting afresh?
7. Try configuring the pc/laptop's wifi

Albertz
18-03-2008, 11:17 AM
The model is a Linksys wrp200, i can connect to the cable modem but when i setup the router to the modem i can't access the internet. I have reset the router many a times but still nothing. When i go to the setup through the explorer buy putting in the ip address, i go to the status menu then router there is no ip address set, my mate said there is no communication going out because there is no ip address.

smif
29-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Make sure you dont have a static ip addy on your computer as this wont work
if you have dhcp enabled on your router.Set your lan config to obtain an ip
addy automatically.Do you mean there is no ip on your actual router?If so try
to give it an ip and subnet.Also try putting your device into a dmz but dont
leave it there for too long as it will be wide open to attacks.If you can connect
to the internet while in the dmz then your router is not configured correctly.

Albertz
08-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the reply's i got my router to work, i tried it the next day and it automaticly detected it and worked straight away.