PDA

View Full Version : Made a mess

prodigy
16-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I have made a right rip roaring c**t of upgrading the firmware in my 360 DVD drive. It will only play DVD's now even though I have dropped the original firmware back into it. The drive is a samsung MS28. I am going to buy a hitachi drive with the extreme firmware in it and drop it in. Just curious if anyone else has had this kind of problem before.

tinkertiler
18-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Have you still got the key? if so WRITE IT DOWN!! Without that the 360 is dead. Just reflash the drive again it sounds like something went wrong even with the back to original.

squidge
19-04-2008, 09:43 PM
you cant just drop a drive in with firmware pre installed lol
read up on spoofing mate and yer as above try a reflash with a diff f.ware oh yer and what actually did u do wrong
and try FW# on irc.efnet.org for help

dude38
21-06-2008, 12:27 PM
when you flashed your drive the software usually makes a backup of the orig firmware. use this to reflash back to original state.
Thers is a program called 360fw-toolbox that will let you copy and paste your dvd key to other drives.
You can't just drop a new drive into a 360 the orig dvd key has to bo copied into the new drive and also the new drive has to be spoofed to look like the one your replacing.