PDA

View Full Version : which x box 360?

Lainie
14-03-2008, 12:40 AM
im going to buy an x box 360 but what one?

whats the diff between an xbox360, a 360 elite and a 360 arcade.

apologies for my dumbness and if replying can it be in plain english please lol

gracias

:zoom:

bigbarber
14-03-2008, 01:19 AM
best thing to go for is an elite it has an hdmi port and 120gb hardrive and its black the other xbox version is usually 20gb with a hd av cabel i would personally go for the elite plus less likely to break down than the other 360 versions

tinkertiler
14-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Right here goes

The arcade ?149.99 - This is the starter pack it is for people that just want to start off in the 360 world. It has the HDMI socket and also it has a 256mb memory card that you can put your game saves on. You can also go online with this but its not very practical if you want to download demos and films as there is not ver much space on the memory card. Also comes with a wireless controller. The only thing is that the cable you get with it is only for standard def tvs. If you want to use composite or RGB another AV cable will need to be purchased.

The Premium Package - ?189.99 - This one comes with everything that the Arcade comes with but it has a 20 gig hard drive that you use instead of a memory card. This is better for downloading demos and films on from Xbox LIVE. You also get a composite HD cable but no HDMI cable with this package. You also get 1 month free Xbox LIVE gold account for a month. This is so you can play other people and your friends online.

The Elite - ?249.99 - This is the one that is in a black case comes with 2 wireless controllers, 120 gig hard drive, and a HDMI cable and also 1 month free Xbox LIVE account. This is mainly for people that download alot of HD movies off xbox live and download alot of demos too.

All in all the Premium package is the best in my opinion. It is a very good start for anyone who wants to find out what the 360 is about. And to get the full potential out of the 360 get Xbox LIVE it beats everything anyone else can do for online play and if you go on Ebay you can get 12 months subscription for 26 well worth the money. And if anyone says the PS3 version is free maybe so but LIVE kills it off by miles it is amazing PGR4 rules!!!

If you need any more info post the question and i will help all i can. And by the way them prices are correct they went down TODAY!!!

EDIT - There is NO difference in the consoles any more. They all have the Falcon chip in them and they are as reliable as each other the Elite is NO different from the other base units apart from having a different coloured case. The older Elites were the first to come with the Falcon chip and this is often misconceived that they are the more reliable which is now NOT the case.

cozmo
14-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Tinkertiler is correct that the new consoles have the falcon chips in and they run alot cooler than the older ones and are alot more reliable.

If the manufacture date on the back is on the 9th month or later then it will have the falcon chip and most of the drives in these are the benq drive which can be flashed very easily but i have seen ONE and one only hitachi 79 drive with a falcon and that requires alot more work to flash. That is if you are bothered about playing backed up games that is.