PDA

View Full Version : Freeview Channels Received

Furgus Dunne
13-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Morning All,

I have a bit of a problem where I do not know if it is solvable or not

Basically, moved into my new Apartment Last week, and hooked up my LCD with built in Freeview. Connected Aerial and Installed freeview.

Now, It only gave me about between 10-15 channels, so I re-installed a couple of times and same Channels.

I noticed that I had not got any ITV channels or any E4 or Film 4 etc, channels which I have had in most areas I have lived in derby.

I thought maybe its the freeview box in my LCD, so tried my Girlfriends in a different room that had differnt Aerial point and same thing, exact same channels

So, I checked the Signal and it said Bit Error Level 8 and Signal was weak, however I have had this before where its a weak signal and still displays the channels.

So, I was gonna get a Signal Booster as existing channels I did have kept freezing aswell.

But, then I was surfing the net for packages on Satelite, and came across Virgin Non Cable, on checking what they had, they had a Free Virgin TV which looked just like Freeview Service.

However, they had an option to enter my Postcode and House Number and would tell me what I can get, did this and said my area is due to switch to digital in 2011, and the liost below told me the channels I could get now which was BBC one,teo, three etc and ones I would get when the switchover happened which was ITV1,2,3,E4 etc.

Now, I know Everyone is going digital in 2011, but didnt actually think you had to wait till then to receive Digital Channels, as thought that is what a Freeview Box was, turned signal to digital.

So, I am wondering am I missing something here and is there a way to get all my Freeview Channels

Any help Greatly Appreciated

Sicilian
13-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I would've thought that you should be able to recieve them. Are you using a shared ariel? Are you able to erect your own area? Have you checked for coverage here Freeview - Welcome to free TV land (http://www.freeview.co.uk/home) ?

Furgus Dunne
13-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, well, its in an Apartment block and we have a Communal Satelite Dish, so could be a Communal aerial aswell, not sure

Checked that Free View Site and the link below says what i can get

This seems what I have at the moment but, is this correct and all I am able to get then?

berley
13-03-2008, 12:09 PM
it must just be an aerial issue, as i receive all the channels on the link you posted including the 'greyed ot ones'

i was missing a block of channels to begin with tho so i got a an aerial similar to this fitted - Maplin> BROADBAND AERIAL TV 48 ELEMENTS (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. V%2048%20ELEMENTS)

Sicilian
13-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, well, its in an Apartment block and we have a Communal Satelite Dish, so could be a Communal aerial aswell, not sure
Checked that Free View Site and the link below says what i can get
Freeview - Check Coverage (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. This seems what I have at the moment but, is this correct and all I am able to get then?

m8, i'd edit the link unless you want the whole forum to know your addy :)

Furgus Dunne
13-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Cheers

Im thinking that may be my problem, however, thats link is for an Extrnal Aerial, Problem I have is I am renting in a block of flats and have to ask for premission to sneeze off landlord lol

So, is there not an Internal Aerial or Signal Booster I can use in order to get all the channels?

berley
13-03-2008, 12:28 PM
you could always try something similar to this

Buy Telecam TCE2001 Wideband Indoor TV Aerial With Amplifier. at Argos.co.uk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or this

Buy One For All Amplified Indoor Antenna with gain up to 45dB. at Argos.co.uk (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. if it doesn't work argos are good at refunding your money

pacman160778
23-08-2008, 12:16 AM
had the exact same problem myself, i bought a signal booster from Argos wheich helped but i keep losing channels and the aerial keeps needing moved on the roof so i can re-tune and get the channels back... but after a few days they disappear again.

its an absolute mission to get on my roof, thats why i've joined upto this forum to see if theres anything else i can try :(