PDA

View Full Version : how good is the picture?

mattbus
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
am looking to replace sagem dbox n cant decide - nokia dbox or DM600. ive read that the picture on a 600 is v v good - is it that much better than a Nokia dbox and does the difference justif additional quids - anyone got any opinions. also am familiar with flashin etc on dbox - if i can do that does that mean i'm bright enough to do it on the 600. cheers for any guidance

notanotherone
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
its just depends on what image you are going to be using, and what size of tv its going on, and how your gonna connect it to your tv, ive been impressed with the pli image on mine since i bought it , and yes youll flash it np ,

thelostone
13-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Dont no about the dream box mate but i had a nokia dbox connected to a 42" plasma and imo the picture was brill.But as nao has said it depends on a lot of things.But what i will say is its no use having the best image and the best tv if the connects ie scarts are crap.I changed mine and it made one heck of a differance best of luck with which ever box you choose

Sicilian
13-03-2008, 08:08 AM
If your really after a box with the best picture quality, wait for the DM800 to be released very soon, its HDTV compatible.

mattbus
13-03-2008, 09:32 PM
got sagem dbox at the mo and picture is ok - so i assume nokia will be pretty much the same - if there was a mega difference between picture quality on dm600 i mite go for it bur from what you guys have said , happen it aint worth the extra readies. a gather th dm500 has a crappy tuner (bit like sagem???) so dont wanna go fot that. main reason for upgrade is too much freezin on the Sagem - am i on th right lines for an upgrade. Gracias

notanotherone
14-03-2008, 06:05 PM
got sagem dbox at the mo and picture is ok - so i assume nokia will be pretty much the same - if there was a mega difference between picture quality on dm600 i mite go for it bur from what you guys have said , happen it aint worth the extra readies. a gather th dm500 has a crappy tuner (bit like sagem???) so dont wanna go fot that. main reason for upgrade is too much freezin on the Sagem - am i on th right lines for an upgrade. Gracias
see i have 2 500c as well one legit and one a clone an have never had one bit of bother with any of them either and the picture from them is superb