PDA

View Full Version : Help With Polish Sat TV

kevdoc06
12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
any1 know anything about polsat the polish sat tv provider? i have a guy in work who is polish and we got talking and he was telling me that he has a satellite box and card that he brought from Poland! he said that he has a subscription with them for basic package and he had asked me did i know anything about it. i read somewhere else that polsat was hacked but does any of you guys know how i can do it for him? he said something about his sat dish being pointed to Astra or something what ever that means! all i know of is florikey, how do i go about putting that on his box or card? and is there anything else i needa know? thanks in advance!

fergalsworld
12-03-2008, 12:45 PM
What box does he have and what card

kevdoc06
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
i am not 100% sure mate but i believe it is the box he got from polsat so im assuming it would be a polsat card also as he is paying for it, he is paying for the minimum package! i wont see him again until Saturday nite so i will try and find out and get him to take some photos! but can it be done? he said he would buy a new receiver if necessary

fergalsworld
12-03-2008, 01:17 PM
It can be done using a technomate or something simular and the latest patch they are very easy to set up and he will get more channels if he gets a motorized dish aswell

kevdoc06
12-03-2008, 01:22 PM
i had read elsewere about the tecnomate, it seems that you need to update softcam or something like that? i noticed a new 1 being released every few days or so! if he does get a tecnomate how long can he expect it to last be4 i have to do something to it for him i.e install new patch, because im doing this a a favour and dont want to have to do something every few days if it goes down reguraly. if its not going to last at least a few monthes without me having to do anything then im not gona bother as i dont want the hassil. unless its as simple as changing keys via remote then that way i can just show him how 2 do it and ill just tell him the latest keys!

fergalsworld
12-03-2008, 01:36 PM
If you use the DM patch polsat and others AU there has been about 4 patch releases in the last 6 months you do not require the softcam key using the patch:)
The keys can be read by opening the softcam file in wordpad and can be inputed manually
If he has a pc or lappy its so simple to do connect nullmodem cable to pc and box open patch click connect then start 1 minute later its done:) no other software or settings are required as the patch does it all for you.

kevdoc06
13-03-2008, 11:10 PM
OK mate thanks for the info! i know he has a PC and a laptop but I'm not 2 sure if either 1 has a com port! if any1 of the 2 did then that would be great cuz then once i set it up for him then he could do the rest himself! i will report back on Sunday after i speak to him on Saturday and let you know what kind of box and card he has! I'm going to get him to take photos of both card and box! but like i said he is willing to purchase a new receiver if necessary

krazylegz
16-03-2008, 10:20 PM
as stated by fergals tell him to get a technomate reciever and he'll get the full package as long as it's hacked,then when it does eventually go down he can use his card in the slot of the technomate as long as he gets a suitable model like the 1500 or 5400usb or similar.

oh and tell him kev polsat is on hotbird(13e) not astra;)

kevdoc06
18-03-2008, 01:44 PM
ok he has told me that he is going to buy a technomate 5200, but i have told him to wait untill i get the sotware and no how to do it for him! also when i put the image on his box for him is it simple enough for him to scan fo channels as i dont have a sattilite dish to o it from my house! i had explained to him he would neda rs232 port to update when needed and he told me he has a com port on his comuter! so what software do need and is there a guide for it? thanks in advance

fergalsworld
18-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Tell him to stay away from the TM5200 as it's only a FTA reciever with no card/cam slots incase he wants to add a card or cam in the future m8 (thanks to krazy)
A 5400 +usb or 1500CI+ are good:)
You will then need the latest DM patch for whatever box he gets

kevdoc06
19-03-2008, 03:41 PM
how often will the DM patch need updated and is it as easy as the cable scene? lol i no nothing about satallite, btw thanks for all your help! is it as simple as connecting to pc via rs232? i read on a listing on ebay that the 5400 has a usb port which allows patch to be applied threw usb memory stick? is this true?

fergalsworld
19-03-2008, 11:34 PM
yes use a nullmodem cable for the 1500 then just open the patch click connect then start and away it goes:)
For the 5400 you can use the usb port and memory stick and do it through the box menu

kevdoc06
20-03-2008, 09:38 AM
ok thanks guys. the 5400 sounds easiest for my friend to do as all i need to do is give him my memory stick every time the dm patch needs updated. how often can he expect to need to do this? before he buys the box their are only 2 things he wants to no for sure! 1. will he get all polsat premium channels without paying and 2. will he also be able 2 get shefra wat ever that is alow the second doesnt matter 2much but would b a bonus lol

krazylegz
20-03-2008, 12:31 PM
kev the patch only really needs changing when a new package is on auto update,the rest of the time you can just load a new softcam if some keys change or put them in via the remote control, but you dont just need a usb to upload these you can use a cable too.

yeah he'll get the full polast package m8 as listed here Cyfrowy Polsat on Hot Bird 7A/8 at 13.0?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. you've lost me with shefra tho. do you mean cyfra+??

fergalsworld
20-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Here is some more that you can get not all the channels are open on each sat ie the ones that use mediagaurd are locked
Arqiva (Sirius 2/3) Available with latest patch
Cyfra + on Hot Bird 7A at 13.0?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Some Channels Available!!
Digi TV on Intelsat 10-02 at 1.0?W - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Available with current patch
DMC on Telstar 12 at 15.0?W - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 12) Available with latest patch
Kabel Deutschland on Astra 3A at 23.5?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 3a) Available with current patch
MCT (Hotbird) Available but keys need updating regularly!
Cyfrowy Polsat on Hot Bird 7A/8 at 13.0?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Available with current patch!!
Premiere on Astra 1G/1H/1L at 19.2?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 1) Available with current patch and AU!!
Redlight (Hotbird) Available but keys need updating regularly!
TPS on Hot Bird 6/7A at 13.0?E - LyngSat (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Available & Currently AU!!