PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 Sony Exchange

mickyrobbo
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
ok so you have you 20gb 40gb 60gb uk jap usa and hk ps3
Now you want to change it for a 60GBuk one yer ie if yours is faulty or from different country or you want a bigger GB-

PHONE SONY UP AND ONLY GIVE THEM THE ORIGINAL MODEL NUMBER IF YOUR IS A UK ONE(((((ONLY))) AND NOT OLDER THAN 12 MONTHS
NOW IF YOU DONT HAVE THE ABOVE USE THIS

CECHC03===DO NOT CHANGE
02-27430420-5701711=====CHANGE SOME DIGITS IN THE LAST 7 DIGITS

ONCE YOU BUY A PS3 FROM THE SHOPS IN THE UK YOU ONLY HAVE 28 DAYS TO TAKE BACK TO THE SHOP IF A FAULT AFTER THAT ITS DOWN TO SONY
SO WHEN YOU PHONE THEM UP SAY YOU GOT YOUR PS3 AT XMAS JUST GONE AND NOW IT WONT READ THE DISK OR WONT TAKE THE DISK OR PS3 STAYS ON STAND BY -TELL THEM YOU HAVE UNPLUGGED IT RESET IT AND TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET IT WORKING AND NOW YOU HAVE LOST FAITH HAHA NOW THEY WILL ASK FOR NAME AND ADDRESS TO CHECK YOU HAVE NOT PHONED UP BEFORE AS THEY ONLY MAKE A NOTE ON THE ADDRESS SO THEY NO YOU HAVE NOT PHONED UP TEN TIME BEFORE HAHAHAH
NOW THEY WIL ASK FOR MODEL NUMBER GIVE ABOVE AND WALLA THEY WILL SEND YOU OUT A EXCHANGE IN 1 TO 3 DAYS LATER TO YOUR HOME OR ANY UK POSTCODE= DONT WORRY ABOUT THE COURIERS DRIVER THEY DONT GIVE A S**T SO DONT WORRY IF YOU EXCHANGING A SMASHED UP ONE OR 20GB ONE ITS OK THERE NOT AR**D. BEST ONLY TO DO ONE EXCHANGE PER HOUSE AND IF YOU GOT MORE GET THEM SEND TO YOU MATE FAMLIY

SONY EXCHANGE TEL NUMBER IS 08705 99887

kevdoc06
10-03-2008, 08:57 AM
sounds do'able to me like, i have a 40gb and wouldnt mind getting a 60gb, only thing is they stopped making them so i cant see them sending out 1 with a 60gb HDD. your always up 2 something micky mate lol

DessertDog
10-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Very good info m8 but im sure you are not correct on this bit :

ONCE YOU BUY A PS3 FROM THE SHOPS IN THE UK YOU ONLY HAVE 28 DAYS TO TAKE BACK TO THE SHOP IF A FAULT AFTER THAT ITS DOWN TO SONY

Sale of goods act states that your contract is with the shop you bought your item from not with the manufacturer so you would return said item to the shop not Sony.Your 12 month warranty is between you and the shop they have to return it to sony if thats required.

watto_uk
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Very good info m8 but im sure you are not correct on this bit :
Sale of goods act states that your contract is with the shop you bought your item from not with the manufacturer so you would return said item to the shop not Sony.Your 12 month warranty is between you and the shop they have to return it to sony if thats required.

Correct. But, Sony have a brilliant exchange system in place. They will replace faulty equipment within a couple of days. When the PSP first come out, I bought one. The directional pad was malfunctioning after a couple of days, but the shop I bought it from had sold out (as had all UK shops at the time). The shopkeeper told me the phone number for Sony exchanges, so I called it. I had a new PSP the following day. :thumbup2:

mickyrobbo
17-03-2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=DessertDog;127311]Very good info m8 but im sure you are not correct on this bit :
Sale of goods act states that your contract is with the shop you bought your item from not with the manufacturer so you would return said item to the shop not Sony.Your 12 month warranty is between you and the shop they have to return it to sony if thats required.[/QUOTE
not after 28 days,,you can send it straight to sony dd thats why you go through sony exchange,,all I can say is try it

DessertDog
17-03-2008, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=mickyrobbo;128157][QUOTE=DessertDog;127311]Very good info m8 but im sure you are not correct on this bit :
Sale of goods act states that your contract is with the shop you bought your item from not with the manufacturer so you would return said item to the shop not Sony.Your 12 month warranty is between you and the shop they have to return it to sony if thats required.[/QUOTE
not after 28 days,,you can send it straight to sony dd thats why you go through sony exchange,,all I can say is try it
I dont have one m8 all im trying to point out is the law for sale of goods act.If those people who use sony instead of the place where the item was purchased they may not have any legality if things go wrong thats why we all have the sale of goods act to help cover our toys lol
Time and time again i read of people who have sent stuff back ie to dell and they have been complaining that they are still waiting a repair when they should have taken the goods back to say pc World.
You have very little protection by sending stuff back to the manufactorer the sale of goods act wont cover you if you deal that way.Thats all im trying to point out.

mickyrobbo
17-03-2008, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=mickyrobbo;128157][QUOTE=DessertDog;127311]Very good info m8 but im sure you are not correct on this bit :
I dont have one m8 all im trying to point out is the law for sale of goods act.If those people who use sony instead of the place where the item was purchased they may not have any legality if things go wrong thats why we all have the sale of goods act to help cover our toys lol
Time and time again i read of people who have sent stuff back ie to dell and they have been complaining that they are still waiting a repair when they should have taken the goods back to say pc World.
You have very little protection by sending stuff back to the manufactorer the sale of goods act wont cover you if you deal that way.Thats all im trying to point out.No prob,s DD but I have seen this a few times and is all doner from your front door,,A courier come collects,,and gives you a new one ,"Sony exchange" they dont fix anything they exchange it as this is with in your rights,and when phoning them you just tell them you have it a few months,longer than 28 days,and as long as you give out the details supplied a new box will be delivered for you to swap,,