PDA

View Full Version : can a ntsc wii cd drive be inserted into a pal wii

gus
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Got myself a pal wii and its works fine but I bought a faulty ntsc wii that has been moded and theres a good possibilty that the cd drive might be in full working order because as we know thats where the mod is, so is it possible to remove the drive from the ntsc wii and fit it into the pal wii.
Please any sugestions and correct me if I'm wrong, thank you.

wiiman
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Got myself a pal wii and its works fine but I bought a faulty ntsc wii that has been moded and theres a good possibilty that the cd drive might be in full working order because as we know thats where the mod is, so is it possible to remove the drive from the ntsc wii and fit it into the pal wii.
Please any sugestions and correct me if I'm wrong, thank you.
its fine to put a drive from any region in your wii, the drive doesn't have any region.

ozbodd
09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I read somewhere to be cautious as some games also come with firmware updates that auto install on play. If its NTSC that could well be a problem....

tactix
23-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I read somewhere to be cautious as some games also come with firmware updates that auto install on play. If its NTSC that could well be a problem....

to ozbod the drive doesnt set the region so

to gus i would just desolder the mod and install it into your console

and as far as region there are apps that will change the region flag for you and also if you are worried about out of region updates then use wii brick blocker on the iso before burning to remove the update