PDA

View Full Version : Telnet help please

Sicilian
08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
With the help of the pli guys i've been working on seting up picons on the DM7025. I'm on the last stage now of setting up a tutorial.

I've got service symlinks in a file on the DM7025 path is /media/cf/cable/tv, is the way via telnet to move them to /media/cf/picon ? Or is there a way to create a tarball.tar.gz or all the service symlinks in /media/cf/cable/tv so that I can ftp to pc the ftp back to /media/cf/picon & extract?

nj2006
08-03-2008, 12:25 PM
doesnt the copy command work .

cp -r fileneeding copying what to copy it to

Sicilian
08-03-2008, 02:12 PM
What I need to do is copy a whole load of service symlinks from /media/cf/cable/tv to /media/cf/picon. Basically the symlinks need to be moved from one file to the other in one go. Any to create a .tar from everything in /media/cf/cable/tv so that I can ftp to pc, then ftp back to /media/cf/picon and extract there?

Sicilian
10-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Sorted what i've been trying to put together.

1. Ftp the create_picon_sats.py script to /media/cf
2. Using putty (telent client) log into dm7025
3. cd /media/cf
4. python ./create_picon_sats.py /etc/enigma2/lamedb (creates service symlinks)
5. mv /media/cf/cable/tv /media/cf/picon (moves & renames directory where service symlinks for tv are created)
6. cd /media/cf
7. rm -Rf cable (optional, remove's /media/cf/cable directory that the create_picon_sat script created)
8. cd/media/cf/picon
9. open putty telnet client, on the lest side click on window & set lines of scrollback to 4000, then click back on session, in Saved session type 'my settings' and click on save. Using them settings click on telnet & enter dmreabox ip & log onto dm7025
10. cd /media/cf/picon
11. ls -la (this give you the name list to name the .png picon images.
12. Rename all your.png images to the above list, then ftp to /media/cf/picon

The above is the basis of the tutorial that i'll put together, so peeps can use picons on a DM7025, tested & working with PLi iolite image.

Sicilian
11-03-2008, 10:19 AM
With the help of the pli guys i've been working on seting up picons on the DM7025. I'm on the last stage now of setting up a tutorial.
I've got service symlinks in a file on the DM7025 path is /media/cf/cable/tv, is the way via telnet to move them to /media/cf/picon ? Or is there a way to create a tarball.tar.gz or all the service symlinks in /media/cf/cable/tv so that I can ftp to pc the ftp back to /media/cf/picon & extract?

Thanks to Pieterg from the PLi team, the answer to my orig question is: -

cd /media/cf/cable/tv
tar -zcvf ../picons.tar.gz *

That will tar all the files in the directory with out creating another sub directory when extracting into a directory.