PDA

View Full Version : Need WII mod shop near southend or in london

Collider
06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Looking for someone to chip my wii preferably someone i can go to as not to keen on shipping it off to someone i dont know.

I know theres a few shops in london but cant seem to find any info at all(would prefer someone round the southend area though ) ;)

notanotherone
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Looking for someone to chip my wii preferably someone i can go to as not to keen on shipping it off to someone i dont know.

I know theres a few shops in london but cant seem to find any info at all(would prefer someone round the southend area though ) ;)
trust me wiiman is the best going id trust him with and have on more than one occassion with me wii top man send 1 day back in 3 nice bloke to

berley
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
i'd also highly recommend wiiman and have used him in the past :zoom:

renwich
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Although Ive never used Wiiman,, Nao's and berleys experiences says it all

Wii Man = Top Man

wiiman
07-03-2008, 07:27 PM
nice to feel appreciated guys!

DessertDog
27-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Anyone know the cost for this as my niece is looking to have hers done

berley
27-04-2008, 11:56 AM
it all depends on how new the wii is dd, as the newer ones involve more work, but wiiman will keep you right if you let him know the serial number on the wii

DessertDog
28-04-2008, 07:15 PM
ok i have found a company on net selling brand new Wii with the D2CKEY installed for ?265.00 Free postage is that a good price concidering they are already chiped to play backups lol

Collider
28-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Sounds ok DD,my wii was 200 to buy cos of stock and got qouted 60/80 pound for my wii to be chipped(still havent done it yet tho lol).

Remember never to update via a game disc or so i have been told but yes nao lol you cant qoute me wrong on that

notanotherone
29-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Sounds ok DD,my wii was 200 to buy cos of stock and got qouted 60/80 pound for my wii to be chipped(still havent done it yet tho lol).

Remember never to update via a game disc or so i have been told but yes nao lol you cant qoute me wrong on that

hehe it just depends what chip you have to be honest the new mario kart one had me fooled i allways have the latest update on my wii from their site but mario kart does ask you to update from disc after a few days checking i found it that it was ok to update it from the disc it allways pays to ask or look around b4 doing it tho

DessertDog
21-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Can anyone tell me what chip i need for the wii or is there a site i can put serial number in and it will say what one is required?
I know it depends on what version you have but is this to do with the serial number or what ?

ta

Collider
21-07-2008, 02:11 PM
list of chips available -> List of Wii modchips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_modchips)

and this will tell what you can and cant put in it as in modchips ;) -> Nintendo-Scene Wii Serial Tracker (http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php)

DessertDog
21-07-2008, 09:40 PM
still cant find out what chip i need lol
serial is LEH19558780.

notanotherone
21-07-2008, 10:08 PM
still cant find out what chip i need lol
serial is LEH19558780.
the serial tracker will only tell you what type of chip you have inside your wii which is a GC2-D2C all this means is you can pick which type you require which in your case mite be the d2ckey one because d2c chip requires a 30 wire solder ,(or i think there is new one which only needs 15 wire solder) have a look around here http://psx-scene.com/forums/and it will give you some idea what you mite need,there is also the wii-clip which is solderless but never tried one so couldnt comment on it

Collider
21-07-2008, 10:55 PM
found this to read for you DD :)

D2ckey - Nintendo-Scene Wiki (http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/D2ckey)

and heres a comparison site mate

Wii modchips - Nintendo-Scene Wiki (http://wiki.nintendo-scene.com/index.php?title=Wii_modchips)

DessertDog
21-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks lads 69.00 quid fitted but i would also like to try and find somewhere local dont like posting stuff lol.

Collider
22-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Think there is a shop in london but il have to check another place for you DD and get back to you ;)

Collider
22-07-2008, 10:58 AM
BUMP msn you ;)

From another forum

Hi guys,

Just wanted to offer my services as an experienced console repair/upgrader. Online shop has just gone live for all your gaming console needs!! GIM Website

I can be contacted via my website Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or by phone 07790437413.

I'm located in Wimbledon (formerly of Earls Court), London and can assist will all consoles from PSP, to Wii's and the Xbox 360.

Prices begin at ?20 for repairs with a 'no fix no fee' service.

I've been in the business for over 7 years and considered a pioneer in my trade.

Wii installs are either ?40, ?50 or ?80. D2B/A/DMS; D2B-cut legs and D2C respectively.

To check what chipset you have in your Wii you can enter the serial into this website Nintendo-Scene Wii Serial Tracker (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Xbox 360 flash upgrades are ?40 for all versions excluding the 79FL/FK which are ?55.

For any quotes on repairs or installs please don't hesitate to email or call.

Please also check my site for online shopping and postal orders!!

Regards,
Chris
Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. .uk

berley
22-07-2008, 11:11 AM
good info Scott and really useful for anyone living in or around the london area

but for anyone considering posting their console id just like to add that wiiman done mine cheaper than the above prices and you dont need to go to another forum to find him as he's registered and recommended on here

DessertDog
22-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Whats the best way of checking what chip is req i have used that checking thing but it says 50% sure you have a D2C so if that aint sure hown sure can i be that its right lol

Collider
22-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Well if your gonna take it to a shop and you bought it new its going to be 65/80 quid either way and the guy should tell you this before you make the deal,very much doubt it will eb the old version as any wii lying about 6 months ago would have been snapped up for sure.

notanotherone
22-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Whats the best way of checking what chip is req i have used that checking thing but it says 50% sure you have a D2C so if that aint sure hown sure can i be that its right lol
the reason they say this is because there is an earlier version of d2c thast some chips will be ok they wont know till they open it up and find out,with the serial number you ahve supplied am nearly sure that these are 30 wire solder or 15 as i explained b4 ,wiiman is you guy to ask as hes 100% solid, that guy knows more about wii`s than anyone i know

wiiman
23-07-2008, 09:47 PM
What are the first 3 numbers of your serial no. after leh? I should be able to tell you what chipset you have in your wii with that info.

notanotherone
23-07-2008, 10:09 PM
this is his number wiiman LEH19558780

wiiman
25-07-2008, 11:31 PM
this is his number wiiman LEH19558780
He most definitely has the d2c2 chipset on his drive then.