PDA

View Full Version : eeePC

majic
04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
anyone else on this forum have an eeePC? i got one the other week after spending ages waiting to get one from a uk store i decided to get one off ebay since they are so hard to source.. they are damn good. :)

blaster
11-04-2008, 05:11 PM
ive considered gettin one as i use a tablet pc... but still not sure, have u seen the pocket surfer? bloody rubbish things lol.

little_pob
11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
ive considered gettin one as i use a tablet pc... but still not sure, have u seen the pocket surfer? bloody rubbish things lol.
If your used to a tablet wait for the 900 version of the Eee. It'll have touch screen and probably be sporting XP.

luptort
12-04-2008, 04:39 PM
If your used to a tablet wait for the 900 version of the Eee. It'll have touch screen and probably be sporting XP.
any idea of the price?, i got a 704 archos wifi but its limited to movies really and wifi not to great

JayUK7
12-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Whats so good about these eepc's? I dont get it, they are just small laptops.. tiny SSD storage, no optical, slow cpu.. and high price for what they are

little_pob
13-04-2008, 07:57 PM
any idea of the price?, i got a 704 archos wifi but its limited to movies really and wifi not to greatNo idea. I think they're slated for a H2 release, which is to say they'll be out sometime in the second half of the 08/09 tax year - probably just in time for Christmas.

Whats so good about these eepc's? I dont get it, they are just small laptops.. tiny SSD storage, no optical, slow cpu.. and high price for what they areIts an ultra affordable, 7" sub-notebook.

Yes, it comes with linux but that doesn't stop you putting XP on (the specs are just about enough). There are loads of hacks for them too.

majic
14-04-2008, 10:16 AM
The eeePC is a great little device. I would never dream of sticking XP on though. Linux is excellent. :)

The thing about the eeePC is the price for one thing. 200quid for a UMPC. Not only that but the quality of it is pretty amazing. As for the tiny SSD - thats true but I have a 16gig SD card mounted so my actual space is 20gig. Thats pretty much perfect. It's not a desktop replacement and if you run linux then its more than enough. I even have windowz xp running on a virtual machine on it from USB and autoroute :-)

I would wait for the 900 version though. Since it has a larger screen though :-)

a1nads
29-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I got one for my liitle girl on her bday. she loves it to bits. but one thing ive noticed is that crashes from time to time. i wouldnt even dream of putting XP on it. probably get away by putting 2k on it. overall its a stunning little system