PDA

View Full Version : pay and go mobile

Lainie
29-02-2008, 03:13 AM
my niece needs a new handset for her spanish sim card. she is currently living in tenerife.it doesnt have to ba a fancy phone as its just for her pals over there to get in touch with her. no need for camera etc just for texting and phoning locally in tenerife. im going over to visit on wed 5th march so thot i would take it over with me. i saw this

Sony Ericsson J110i black Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - The Carphone Warehouse (http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-as-you-go/sony-ericsson/j110i-black/)

but dont know if you must use the sim card you get with pay and go mobiles or do i need to get the phone modded?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanx

berley
29-02-2008, 09:35 AM
its on virgin mobile lainie so i dont think it would work with a spanish sim unless you got it unlocked

Lainie
29-02-2008, 01:02 PM
phoned them up and got it for ?15 unlocked - well chuffed.

thread can be closed

cheers

thelostone
29-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Just before you close this thread cpw pay as you go mobiles are unlocked so you should be able to put any sim card in.They dont want you to no that tho,when i was in spain i brought a spanish sim card and used that was cheaper it was an Amena card if i remember rightly hope this helps

Lainie
29-02-2008, 11:43 PM
she had the spanish sim card for a couple of months now. she had borrowed someone else in the pub she is working ins old phone but has now gave it back. they said it should be delivered on monday so fingers crossed.

cheers for the help