PDA

View Full Version : [INFO]tuxbox wiki

nitr8
25-02-2008, 07:09 PM
right,

so za germans started there new wiki and the contents looks good.

i took my dummies guides moded them a bit and included some and more stuff to the wiki in english.

it looks good side-by-side.

take a look Development - New TuxBoxWiki (http://wiki.dbox2-tuning.net/wiki/index.php/Development)

let us know what you think.

--me

nj2006
25-02-2008, 07:49 PM
right,
so za germans started there new wiki and the contents looks good.
i took my dummies guides moded them a bit and included some and more stuff to the wiki in english.
it looks good side-by-side.
take a look Development - New TuxBoxWiki (http://wiki.dbox2-tuning.net/wiki/index.php/Development)
let us know what you think.
--me

what i like about it bieng there is that its easier to copy and paste to get the scripts.

ive been using this method since you kindly showed me the light.
and i realy dont know what i would of done without this guide.

locals make things so much easier. along with your build script it actualy make compiling as simple as pressing bs .

cheers m8

nitr8
26-02-2008, 12:37 AM
nj,

I'm glad someone found it useful :p so many hits but i never saw anyone speaking about it really, only once or twice.

i will enjoy the wiki more as its easier to maintain.

--me

NeilJay
26-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Cheers,

I tend to be linux only so using PT-1's FAQ can be a pain ( I have to use Whine or Windoze in a V.M. ).

I was thinking about starting an English only wiki - I have installed media wiki on my linux server - if people are interested and prepared to contribute i'll register a domain name and make it available ???

pt-1
26-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Open / view .chm file under Linux or FreeBSD (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/open-chm-file-under-linuxfreebsd/)

nj2006
26-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Cheers,

I tend to be linux only so using PT-1's FAQ can be a pain ( I have to use Whine or Windoze in a V.M. ).

I was thinking about starting an English only wiki - I have installed media wiki on my linux server - if people are interested and prepared to contribute i'll register a domain name and make it available ???

why re invent the wheel. get an account at this one and update the english sections. nice offer :)

NeilJay
26-02-2008, 04:44 PM
True,

I've just registered (which isn't that easy if you dont speak german) and set my default language to english - which makes navigating a lot easier.

If I get some time, ill try adding some more english pages.

nj2006
26-02-2008, 04:54 PM
True,
I've just registered (which isn't that easy if you dont speak german) and set my default language to english - which makes navigating a lot easier.
If I get some time, ill try adding some more english pages.

trust me anything tuxbox isnt easy if you dont speek german. LOL

thatss why we got nitr8 and pt-1 .

PaphosAL
26-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Hang on- I've started dreaming in German lately!!

pt-1
26-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Dodgy german TV dreams ???

FreddyFr0g
26-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Hang on- I've started dreaming in German lately!!

Al, dreaming of David Hasslehoff doesn't count!

nitr8
26-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Cheers,
bollox there are loads of chm viewers out there my preferred viewer is gnochm.
GnoCHM (http://gnochm.sourceforge.net/)

see attached image

no offence but that is a stupid idea when you have pt1's helpfile and the official wiki.

--me

Magnu420
27-02-2008, 02:45 PM

thought he was american :roflmao:

NeilJay
27-02-2008, 03:29 PM
bollox there are loads of chm viewers out there my preferred viewer is gnochm.
GnoCHM (http://gnochm.sourceforge.net/)
see attached image
no offence but that is a stupid idea when you have pt1's helpfile and the official wiki.
--me

ok so maybe i was to lazy too look for a .chm viewer for linux
but on the wiki front - if you only speak english and have never used mediawiki, its difficult to workout how to register and start editing pages, for example the help portal is all in german.

nj2006
27-02-2008, 03:56 PM
ok so maybe i was to lazy too look for a .chm viewer for linux
but on the wiki front - if you only speak english and have never used mediawiki, its difficult to workout how to register and start editing pages, for example the help portal is all in german.

but as ive siad its all german we are using a german system,
so if german isnt your strong point then maybe you shouldnt be making a german software project your hobbie.

honestly meny people have tryed this before forums stem from forums.

your welcome to add to our extensive range of tuts and im sure pt-1 will be happy to include stuff in his help file if you have any seggestions.

pt-1
27-02-2008, 10:59 PM

Don't hassle the Hoff ;-)

He's been looking for freedom ever since