PDA

View Full Version : [DEV]Channel logos in Infobar

PaphosAL
23-02-2008, 07:50 PM
settings >>> webservers under the heading logos defines the path for the logos .

these are gif files and the infowiewer needs raw files ;)

Any clues on the correct url for this, NJ? Or is it no longer functional?

Only, if these gifs can be 'got at', there might be a fighting chance of someone converting them to raw format, with correct H x W, for possible use in the Infobar feature...

Cheers- AL

nj2006
23-02-2008, 09:08 PM
here is a set of 135 obvesly welshLOL

they are bmp 16bit files ready to be converted to .raw m8

ps they seem to go very distorted.

PaphosAL
24-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I thought this topic was worthy of a New thread, so it doesn't become jumbled with the existing thread on Infobar enhancements.

We have a working set of 9 basic Infobar channel logos attached, which I've 'borrowed' from CF1.3 image.

I have no idea of what their correct Height / Width format is, in order that more can be created. Any clues, please, anyone?

I know that SatSearching is on a parallel course doing similar in Enigma, but in .png format. Wouldn't that be better for Neutrino to use, rather than .raw I wonder?

And just a little idea, if this IS made to work- For space saving, don't bother loading Infobar Channel Logos for the channels in the epgfilter file?

Cheers- AL :drunk:

nj2006
24-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I thought this topic was worthy of a New thread, so it doesn't become jumbled with the existing thread on Infobar enhancements.

We have a working set of 9 basic Infobar channel logos attached, which I've 'borrowed' from CF1.3 image.

I have no idea of what their correct Height / Width format is, in order that more can be created. Any clues, please, anyone?

I know that SatSearching is on a parallel course doing similar in Enigma, but in .png format. Wouldn't that be better for Neutrino to use, rather than .raw I wonder?

And just a little idea, if this IS made to work- For space saving, don't bother loading Infobar Channel Logos for the channels in the epgfilter file?

Cheers- AL :drunk:

correct h x w is 122x66 so ze germans say but personaly im finding 120x20 better fitting

but finding any logo i convert to that size raw to be distorted

nj2006
24-02-2008, 06:42 PM
i have also tried drawing them free hand and my results are still ****. LOL
basicly with the nitr8's help ive been hitting my head with a hammer on trying to get a full set together.
it seems after downloading the logos from the web and resizing them to the correct size they get distorted.

as you can see my bbc4 logo is in he rar

PaphosAL
24-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for amalgamating this thread into a 'goer', NJ!

Graphicalities apart, it was looking like this feature would only be available across all channels, on dboxes either permanently plugged into the net (me, me!!), or on a LAN with a mount or NAS, or with a hdd, or sd card i/f.

A bog standard 'free telly' dbox fullfilling NONE of these criterion only get the basic 'sampler' channel logos in the Infobar- ie: the ones posted above in .raw format, or similar...

I think that's where a previous discussion on this subject reached, before the plug was pulled (CF).

It does look cool, though, I must admit... Not even VM can do this in their Infobar, LOL! AL

nj2006
24-02-2008, 07:38 PM
well the standard would be fta channels and even that takes up some space.

to get this running from web whould be easy but it would slow the infobar right down on channel change. but i suppose the beauty of this is if the logo isnt there it keeps numbers.

me im more likly to mount them on a drive somwhere in the house.

maybe if we can consentrate on making these ones the right size we should leave it with them standard.

but personaly i would love to make the logo and channel name flush just like cf but wouldnt know where to start.

PaphosAL
24-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Well I think there's a couple of peeps gonna be looking at this thread; one who knows how to code the graphics into the Infobar (like CF is done)- and the other who knows what he's at on the graphics side.

Needless to say, neither of those peeps are me, LOL! So the touchpaper has been lit, now let's retire to a safe distance and see what evolves...

Cheers- AL :bedtime:

nj2006
25-02-2008, 02:07 AM
right i did these using rawiconeditor by free hand

channel 4 isnt so good but rest should be fine

1c0031070b CHANNEL 4

1c00310716 ITV1

1000310645 mtv one

3c0031000b bbc1

3c00311774 bbc2

3c00311776 bbc3
3c00311778 bbc 4

5003101fb itv2

5100311fa5 five

1c0031070a four plus one

60031025c itv3

i hope they of use to sombody and if you can screenshots would be nice ;)

Satsearching
25-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have a copy of (or can get hold of) "Neutrino Graphics Creator 1.1" ?

I got a copy of 1.0 but this doesn't appear to support the channel icons.

Only place I can find a copy on is DVB-Tech (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Need to be a member though, I have signed up but not got confirmation email back.

SS

nj2006
25-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Does anyone have a copy of (or can get hold of) "Neutrino Graphics Creator 1.1" ?
I got a copy of 1.0 but this doesn't appear to support the channel icons.
Only place I can find a copy on is DVB-Tech (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Need to be a member though, I have signed up but not got confirmation email back.
SS
here you go m8
also ive altered bbc1 2 3 and included bravo bravo +1 and kiss logos , now the bbc ones should show right on any colour infobar

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5626&stc=1&d=1203935298

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5627&stc=1&d=1203935350

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5628&stc=1&d=1203935400

pt-1
25-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Here you go

nj2006
25-02-2008, 11:48 AM
some more screen dumps .......

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5629&stc=1&d=1203935846

http://world-of-digital.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5630&stc=1&d=1203936477

Satsearching
25-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Well I can't get any of my usual graphics progs to open these Neutrino raw files properly (get mirrored and distorted icons).

Do only the Dbox graphic tools open/edit them correctly?

SS

nj2006
25-02-2008, 06:39 PM
after 2 days working on this as far as i know yes them is the only things i could find to do it.

if you find somthing more usable that doesnt runtime error so much let me know m8 as im pulling my hiar out.

PaphosAL
25-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh crikey, I've started something here, haven't I?

:zoom:

Satsearching
25-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Could maybe PT-1 make some enquiries on the German forums as to the actual spec of neutrino raw logo files please?

SS

nj2006
25-02-2008, 07:55 PM
they are 4 bit .raw 122x66 pixels m8.

renwich
25-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Some great work going on here, I'll help out when I get some time

PaphosAL
25-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd help too, Renny- but I'm gonna be sat under a big parasol with the sun beating down, just yards from the Med, looking at all those semi-naked birds sprawled out on the beach, trying to stop the condensation from my large 630ml cold bottle of Carlsberg dripping all over my Sudoku puzzle, thinking- what am I doing here?

Just in case anyone thinks you've got rid of me for good, I'll be back at Easter weekend- and I ain't quite gone yet, either...

Cheers- AL :wink:

gav12345
25-02-2008, 08:48 PM
well you guys are looking really busy in ere

any testing you lot want im free as soon as i sort out my wires and stuff

welldone looks nice

Satsearching
26-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Well I am not producing anything at all here, still trying to find more info about the raw files. Various image progs can support raw files but more for camera type raw formats which appear different to what Neutrino wants.

@NJ, are you doing all these freehand with the neutrino tools or have you found a way to import them?

SS

PaphosAL
26-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I think I can see where SS is coming from. If I try to open up one of the (working in CF) Imagebar Channel Icons .raw in PSP7, I'm offered the following bewildering list of options before it will open the image:

Image Size (in Pixels): H x W - not something you can guess, but is probably vital...

Color Channels:

Single Channel (Greyscale)
Three Channel ( RGB)
Three Channel (CMY)
Four Channel (CMYK) - yeah, well...
File Structure:

Header Size (in Bytes)
Planar (RRR GGG ..)
Interleaved (RGB RGB ..)
Order RGB
Order BGR
Flipped ( Bottom Up) - So am I, LOL!!So, for someone who is clueless about Graphics (me, not you SS)- there's an awful lot of combinations to guess there, before you can even see the original creator's image show on an editing screen! Similar to winning the Lotto jackpot: 14,000,000 to 1 or similar...

Cheers- AL

Satsearching
26-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Yup, just to add, even trying newer version of psp (under corel ownership not jasc) still same probs.

Certain companies like canon etc have their own format of raw files which are pre-compressed (basically a negative before turning into jpg etc). Just interested in the what Neutrino raw actually is.

SS

nj2006
26-02-2008, 07:02 PM
i am doing some by freehand the rest i have exported to 120x66 16 colour bmp files . loading them into neutrino graphics creator saving them as boot logofb .raws and touching them up by hand in rawiconeditor.

PaphosAL
26-02-2008, 08:35 PM
i am doing some by freehand the rest i have exported to 120x66 16 colour bmp files . loading them into neutrino graphics creator saving them as boot logofb .raws and touching them up by hand in rawiconeditor.

Out of interest, NJ- what's the finished file size after you've converted them from (very large) .bmp format, to .raw?

Satsearching
26-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Could someone try the effort raw enclosed (picked an awkward for testing, Discovery Turbo) and let me know how it looks please?

Loaned my testbox out so can't try it myself.

Thanks

SS

nj2006
27-02-2008, 11:24 PM
how you getting on ss m8

in this thread ive done

bbc1
bbc2
bbc3
bbc4
itv1
itv2
itv3
itv4
mtv1
mtv2
mtv dance
and crapy c4 and c4+1

they are 120x60 .raws rounded by cuting around 5 pixels of each corner.

Speedy2206
27-02-2008, 11:31 PM
You can also use libjpeg (included in most images) and create an 256 colour JPEG with the right coding :)

nj2006
27-02-2008, 11:37 PM
You can also use libjpeg (included in most images) and create an 256 colour JPEG with the right coding :)

well come on then get the info up so we can look into it.

maybe the tuxbox boys whould be intrested in your idea.

score some brownie points ffor us in the uk

Speedy2206
27-02-2008, 11:45 PM
well come on then get the info up so we can look into it.
maybe the tuxbox boys whould be intrested in your idea.
score some brownie points ffor us in the uk

No info yet, apart from if one were to look at the existing libjpeg coding within the various tuxbox files then it becomes quite simple.
Its possible as I had it working (buggy) in a test image but it adds 200k+ to neutrino. I'll give it another shot :)

Satsearching
28-02-2008, 01:10 AM
how you getting on ss m8
they are 120x60 .raws rounded by cuting around 5 pixels of each corner.

Well (thanks to your help) finally getting somewhere, wonder if it's worth having a white band around the logo's though to stop various backgrounds blending in too much?

SS

nj2006
28-02-2008, 01:13 AM
might look good m8 get a screen shot up lets see lol.

Satsearching
28-02-2008, 01:23 AM
might look good m8 get a screen shot up lets see lol.

Enclosed

Edit: Raw file attatched also

SS

nj2006
28-02-2008, 01:26 AM
that looks sweet m8. bet rounded infoviewer would look better with an outline like that 2.

pt-1
28-02-2008, 11:21 AM
They are still optimizing the code so it is easier to use in case you do not want round corners etc.

pt-1

Satsearching
28-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Had another go today at all my Documentary channels, few screen shots below and a rar with all the raw files included.

Could do better though, getting the hang of it now.

Edit: Just a quick question, does anyone know if neutrino raw icons have a fixed pallete or is it just icon editor that has a limited pallete?

SS

nj2006
29-02-2008, 12:04 AM
keep up the gr8 work ss now them is what i call logo's

really do appreciate the effort.

Satsearching
02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Here are the 6 logo's from my news bouquets, actual raws included in rar file.

3 example screenshots below

SS

DejaVu
07-05-2008, 03:03 AM
I've compiled a large collection of RAW files as well as PNG's as some of you are already aware! ;)

Feel free to use them on any image or play with them til your hearts content.

I was bored one night and thought I'd just do my bit... Save you fellas time and grief makin' 'em ;)

PM for a link! :)

Enjoy.

PaphosAL
26-07-2008, 10:39 AM
With what's going on behind the scenes at the mo- I thought this thread deserved a BUMP!

Did you guys clock what Speedy was on about in post #31 and just before? jpg format - hmmm...

Cheers- AL

Satsearching
27-07-2008, 12:15 AM
I think a guy on Tuxbox (depends how well it translates) posted some diffs of "as far as he got" to get png working, don't know if anyone else has picked the task up though.

SS

fatman
27-07-2008, 12:44 AM
wernt those compiled in the last image that Gav posted, the way I read it they were

PaphosAL
27-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Well png support for the channel logo would be ace! SS's existing 100x60 library from SS3 would do the trick nicely- and on nearly 200 logos, they average out at a mere 1kb each!

fatman
27-07-2008, 10:04 AM
u tried png in that image.. shutdown.png should get you started, dunno if the logos will work though

PaphosAL
27-07-2008, 10:27 AM
shutdown.png doesn't work, m8- but maybe this has to be a certain HxW px size? png deffo no-go as channel logos. Cheers- AL

pt-1
28-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi,

a lot of stuff regrading the channel logos had been checked in last week and still some more stuff going on.

Not to sure about the png support but I have a read.

PT-1

PaphosAL
28-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Nice one, pt-1 m8! Two files of interest in the /lib folder are libpng12.so.6 and libjpeg.so.0

I suspect that the png support is limited to just the half dozen LCD graphics at the mo, although there's gossip about a shutdown.png being worked on too. But support for channel logos in png format (as already exists for Enigma) would be the holy grail...

And that jpeg file looks interesting, too! I'd love to know what that's all about.

Cheers- AL

PaphosAL
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Hmm- I just spotted this little gem in someone's Boot Log:

neutrino: /lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by neutrino)

I wonder if this is why we can't get shutdown.png to work?

Cheers- AL

nj2006
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
i seen this so meny times m8 i was under the impression it was suppose to do it. but i see where your coming from.

lincsat
15-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Maybe the libjpeg is for the Webcams in Tuxwetter, they appear to be in Jpeg format. I've also noticed the no version information message and figured it was non-critical.

I've now integrated the new Diffs with what I had and completed a build, it's looking really good so far - I may be tempted to have a new release :)

PaphosAL
15-08-2008, 10:34 AM
...and maybe the libpng file is just for the LCD graphics, and possibly yWeb screenshots? AL

nj2006
15-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Maybe the libjpeg is for the Webcams in Tuxwetter, they appear to be in Jpeg format. I've also noticed the no version information message and figured it was non-critical.

I've now integrated the new Diffs with what I had and completed a build, it's looking really good so far - I may be tempted to have a new release :)

M8 we dont have your last image in the downloads could you upload a copy of one withought keys roms .

it would be much appreciated

lincsat
16-08-2008, 12:49 AM
You can have it with pleasure - but, I released it with the Key ROM's and emu's in place but without the Autoupdate.key file. It doesn't update anything without that anyway. It's then just a case of the end user having to install the single file.

Al got it uploaded to mercs, you could link to there, get it from there and upload it here or I could upload it here - just let me know if it's OK as is

@Al, would you like the image I compiled yesterday with IDE support to mod & release as a size L image?

nj2006
16-08-2008, 01:14 AM
we can only upload clean images here m8. but i know where they are if i got time i will clean a 1x but they cant convert a 1x to a 2x as they are squashfs if i remember rightly.

wooooo ide drive menu that sounds intresting. wouldnt mind seeing how thats done ;)

lincsat
16-08-2008, 02:42 AM
This image is JFFS2, I'm having problems with SquashFS giving bad magic bytes. I've used symlinks in the keys folder to merge the 2 different key file names. It should be safe to remove the ROM Bin files, but would need a note added to the readme to clarify what's missing.

Different forums have different rules about what's alowed. I figured that the Autoupdate.key, which is effectively the Management Key, was the best thing to remove - it does make the image only FTA :)

The image just has IDE support included in the build options, no configuration menu. It has the init_hdd.sh script to initialise a raw HDD - everything else is CVS standard

DejaVu
18-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I really would love to see PNG Channel Logo's in a TV Only netrino image. It's something I've been trying to research for a fair few months, albeit mostly in German! :(

If it's possible that a bright spark comes up with a solution, I have the full VM Channel Logo's already awaiting in PNG formats. I'm updating my collection whenever a new one comes out.

Also, seeing as AL's managed a new image... (Nice one!) It's got me thinking that image creation cant be too difficult (hehe), so gonna start my hand at it over the next few weeks :)

Any help from the Image creating guru's to help me succeed would be hugley appreciated and welcomed.

Available on MSN & Skype if it would be easier ;)

pt-1
22-08-2008, 09:19 AM
If anyone needs help translating just shout

PaphosAL
22-08-2008, 08:21 PM
@DejaVu: I didn't create the image, m8- Boyblue compiledthe base image for me, and I just modded it a bit. Well, a lot, actually...

Cheers- AL

DejaVu
22-08-2008, 10:26 PM
And so the truth comes out! LOL.

Only kidding AL. I know you've put a serious load of work into your image and it is VERY appreicated.
Finally, a tele box, that works just on my tele! LOL!

Anyways, my recent findings about this 'other extension' for Channel Logo's.

This is what I'm certain ARE facts about this area.

Firstly, RAW files are limited in colors and are currently supported by the most recent CVS. True?

Then, the Standyby (or Shutdown) image can be changed to use a PNG file format?! Correct?

A large discussion exists for this sorta thing in German (translated into dirty english - Translated version of http://tuxbox-forum.dreambox-fan.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41679&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=220 (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftuxbox-forum.dreambox-fan.de%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D9%26t%3D41679 %26st%3D0%26sk%3Dt%26sd%3Da%26start%3D220&sl=de&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8))

THEN! On a BIG Note. I've found a Satellite image, created by ruDBox that supports the showing of JPG's as Channel-Logo's, but for some reason, they like to keep there coding close to their chests. Image name = dbox_n16plus_squashfsjffs2_2x.zip. Not that I'm able to test it as I cant seem to re-configure it to work on my DBox. :(

I'm sure someone with a bit of coding savvy (unfortunately not me :() can musta something from that little lot perhaps?