PDA

View Full Version : motor satellite

nicky5901
22-02-2008, 07:05 AM
hi all
i am new 2 sat and have been doin a bit of reading on this site. just want 2 clarify that if i have a motorised dish and a dreambox for example, will i be able 2 move the dish 2 pick up different satellites that show different channels? do i need differnt cards,emus,?

Sicilian
22-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I believe a dreambox will operate a diseq motor to move the dish. You will need differant emus, but if your box is connected to the web you can install through plugins/download menus on the dreambox depending on which image you choose.

Orinoco
26-02-2008, 08:17 PM
THe dreambox will power a diseqc motor such as a STAB120, or alternatively if you have a larger dish that requires a larger dish to shift it, you can hook a vbox upto the Dreambox and the 36 volts will be supplied to the motor from the vbox, the vbox and larger motor is the setup I have, I originally had a Stab motor but upgraded due to wanting a bigger more robust dish

Orinoco

contact3av
04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Ive been using my motorised dish for over a year with an Echolink fta777, and was defo worth the ?120 i paid for the lot.

It still opens TPS, premiere,Multivision to name but a few

I recently got myself a dreambox Dm500s and I am getting knowhere fast. Ive been spoiled with my Dbox2 cable and the echolink. Although Ive seen some great stuff on this forum and its given me the desire to try again.

Cheers

3av

krazylegz
05-03-2008, 09:31 AM
need any help m8 just give a shout bud