PDA

View Full Version : Installing My Motorised Satelite Dish On Existing Bracket/Pole

hardtarget
20-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I've just realised i've already got a satelite bracket installed and also a long pole that goes above the drains on top of my house so signal will be perfect for any frequency/satelitie as the dish will be able to do a 360 with no trees in the way or anything.
last year my sky dish kept moving in the winds so i asked sky to move it to the other side where the wind wont affect it,
The sky installer took the dish off but left the pole on there.
do i have to connect the pole to the motor or can i just attach the motor and dish to this pole?
its screwed on pretty hard and will take alot of effort to loosen up so im hoping its the latter,
if i can attach the motor and dish to this pole without having to do anything to this pole then i wont have to dish out nearly ?100 for installation and will be able to install it myself in under 5 minutes
cos who knwos the pole might be abit too thick but if it can take a sky dish then it must be able to take any other dish and a motor too

krazylegz
21-02-2008, 04:20 AM
the poles that sky use are usually too small,thin and weak a pole for a motorised system should be roughly the same size or thicker than a scaffolding pole.

oh and by the way a mororised dish doesnt move 180 degrees;)