PDA

View Full Version : 16gig IPhone

Gazer
16-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Just got myself this 16gig IPhone today......would like to know how to activat it without using 02 sim card as iam with orange and would like to stay with them if i can

any help would be good

Regards Gazer

notanotherone
16-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Just got myself this 16gig IPhone today......would like to know how to activat it without using 02 sim card as iam with orange and would like to stay with them if i can

any help would be good

Regards Gazer
am sure pande_monium knows how to go about it

Magnu420
16-02-2008, 10:55 PM
did a quick search on google type in unlock iphone the first non sponsered link might help
but i be waiting untill someone has more knowledge about it

i hope this helps...

maybe this will help you gazer >>>>>> http://world-of-digital.com/forums/f135/how-unlock-iphone-23061.html

Hunter
17-02-2008, 02:05 PM
might be worth a read ;)

pande_monium
17-02-2008, 09:33 PM
might be worth a read ;)

Hi Hunter,

I apologise... this was when the iPhone was only jailbreakable and not unlockable. The story is different now... it can now be unlocked completely to use any SIMM card.

Just spoken to Gazer as well and he's successfully unlocked his 16Gb iPhone using the iClarified (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. method using Zibri's ZiPhone (based on the expliots that Geohotz found).

It works on both 8/16GB iPhones... I think the only requirement is that the baseband should be either 3.9 (US phones) or 4.6 (1.1.2 or 1.1.3 OTB UK iPhones). This pretty much covers all available iPhones in the market, except the very early ones from the US.

Lainie
17-02-2008, 10:17 PM
i have read the attachments above and its complete gobbledegook to lil me. id love an iphone. im with o2 and contract is up soon. where did u get urs from gazer as i thot it was only available as an o2 contract?

Hunter
17-02-2008, 10:21 PM
i have read the attachments above and its complete gobbledegook to lil me. id love an iphone. im with o2 and contract is up soon. where did u get urs from gazer as i thot it was only available as an o2 contract?
theres a few open to networks on fleabay ;)

Gazer
17-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Well first a big thankyou to pande_monium for his help in pointing me the right way :hail: thanks m8

@ Lainie i got mine from the local 02 shop( iphone 16gig ?329) ...they have just started to get the 16gig ones in, and yes you should take up the 18 month contact with 02 for ?35 per month, but like they say on the internet, if you pay that sort of money for a phone why should you have to use them.....and to unlock it will only take 3 mins and its free to do..... one good thing is you get 14 days to try it out and if you dont like it, just take it back to 02 ;)

but looking around at the networks 02 are now doing a good deal with 24/7 internet and 500 mins and 600 text per month for ?35

just been down to my local to try the wi-fi as they have got The cloud internet which 02 have signed up with to give the ipone free suffing which this will not work unless i pay ?6.99 to The cloud :( the only 1 thing i wanted to work as well lol....well we will see might change from orange to 02 in the end

Lainie
17-02-2008, 10:55 PM
iPhone Page Tariffs (http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphonetariffs)

cheers boss. i saw that on the o2 website. if i took the contract i wouldnt need it unlocked tho would i and anyway i couldnt do that myself!

Gazer
17-02-2008, 11:06 PM
iPhone Page Tariffs (http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphonetariffs)

cheers boss. i saw that on the o2 website. if i took the contract i wouldnt need it unlocked tho would i and anyway i couldnt do that myself!

yes Lanie if you got the iphone and went on there 18 month contact ...you could use everythink that comes with it for free, but would have to pay for downloading music if you were that mad too. but you still can download the music to you pc then move it over using itunes

Thinking of signing up myself just for the internet part of it and to get my e-mails when needed...as iv got to say iam starting to fall in love once again pmsl

pande_monium
24-02-2008, 03:57 AM
yes Lanie if you got the iphone and went on there 18 month contact ...you could use everythink that comes with it for free, but would have to pay for downloading music if you were that mad too. but you still can download the music to you pc then move it over using itunes

Thinking of signing up myself just for the internet part of it and to get my e-mails when needed...as iv got to say iam starting to fall in love once again pmsl

@Liane/Gazer: You don't need to download music from iTunes to upload to the iPhone. You can upload your own CDs or MP3s equally easily.

@Gazer: Pardon me mate... I assumed you had a valid sub to the Cloud... I thought you meant - would the wi-fi feature be disabled if you unlocked. Humble apologies.

@Liane: In order to use various 3rd party applications like MMS, Customisation of the iPhone by changing wallpapers/icons/backgrounds/docks/etc, Text Editor, a better camera, send/receive files over bluetooth or wi-fi, Games like chess, puzzles, sudoku... etc and dozens of other apps/tweaks... you'll need to jailbreak the phone and install an "Installer". However, I believe that Apple will give a similar utility in their 29th Feb release. They've just upgraded iTunes to 7.6.1 today, so, the iPhone firmware upgrade is just around the corner. Apple are known for adding great 3rd party tweaks (in a much better avtar) in their usual upgrades, and I wouldn't think that the iPhone upgrade would be any diferent.

For those who have unlocked their phones... please don't upgrade till you've received confirmation about it being safe to do so.