PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy satelite for premeirship games- help guys

hardtarget
15-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I want to buy a satelite dish with which i can wqatch premiership games and that shows most saturday 3pms.

any tips on which dish and receiver i need and the costs and so on, and what channels i will get?

krazylegz
16-02-2008, 04:42 PM
if you've never used a satellite system before m8 i'd recommend going for this
TECHNOMATE 5400 CI+ USB MOTORISED SYSTEM 80 DISH MOTOR on eBay, also Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 23-Feb-08 13:40:41 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-5400-CI-USB-MOTORISED-SYSTEM-80-DISH-MOTOR_W0QQitemZ250215714394QQihZ015QQcategoryZ9697 0QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

these are the easiest recievrs out there to use and have the best support.

i ordered my first system from the same people and was very happy infact i still have the dish and motor inuse with no probs at all

hardtarget
16-02-2008, 11:28 PM
if you've never used a satellite system before m8 i'd recommend going for this

these are the easiest recievrs out there to use and have the best support.

i ordered my first system from the same people and was very happy infact i still have the dish and motor inuse with no probs at all
will i be able to get like the champions league matches on it and 3pm matches on fta channels?
cos i rather not buy card but if i have to then i will
like art sports

zibi
17-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Technomate are very good receiver. I have got TM 1500CI+ and i am watching the premiership football for the last 3 years on premiere Astra 19e.

hardtarget
17-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Technomate are very good receiver. I have got TM 1500CI+ and i am watching the premiership football for the last 3 years on premiere Astra 19e.
is that fta?

will i be able to get that on the above ebay item/s?

or i might just subscribe to premeire which apparently has every premiershiip game and every champions league match live

zibi
17-02-2008, 07:33 PM
No the games are not on FTA but you can patch the majority of the TM receiver and then you don't need any subscription.
What satellites are you facing at the minute?

hardtarget
17-02-2008, 08:56 PM
No the games are not on FTA but you can patch the majority of the TM receiver and then you don't need any subscription.
What satellites are you facing at the minute?
none yet,
like i said im a total newbie to the satelite scene and only have sky digital atm,

im looking for the best package and have abudget of around ?200

zibi
18-02-2008, 02:25 PM
?200 should be enough.
You need for exemple a TM1500C+ Super for ?90 + a Dish for about ?40, an LNB for ?30 some cable and that's it. If you have another ?50 you can buy youself a Diseqc motor but to start with, it's enough.
You can then point your dish to 19E and get the footy + movies but remember they are not FTA.
I don't know if i can say everything i want on this forum:-$.

krazylegz
19-02-2008, 03:47 AM
as stated premiere is not FTA but is 'hacked' and has been for some time now,but is rumoured to be changing encytption soon,so could go off at any time.

i would personally invest in a motor as it gives you extra options like digitv on 1w for example which is currently 'hacked' and shows prem footy...........although not as much as premiere.

but if you want guaranteed footy then dont bother with a art sports card as this isn't licensed for the premiership anymore just the SPL and foreign they now show.the best card for the uk is the digitalab card which shows on average three 3pm premier kick offs(more than premiere) and also later lick offs aswell as sundays and midweek.

have a look at w*w.liveonsat.com for what matches are on what satellites m8.

hope this helps

hardtarget
19-02-2008, 07:20 PM
i've got 2 choices guys

TECHNOMATE 1500 CI+ 1500CI MOTORISED SYSTEM 90 cm DISH on eBay, also Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 23-Feb-08 17:27:49 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260211655506&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016)

TECHNOMATE 1500CI+ 12MONTH DIGITALB SUPERSPORT FOOTBALL on eBay, also Digital Receivers, Satellite Boxes Receivers, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 22-Feb-08 10:52:18 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260211305243&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016)

1 has a dish and equipment and 1 has just receiver and supersport sub for 12 months.

if theres any chance of getting supersport free then i will go for the one with all the equipment

krazylegz
21-02-2008, 02:30 PM
supersport isn't hacked m8 so you'll need either a official card or join a c/s m8

Thommohawk
25-02-2008, 04:20 PM
i agree with mr legs above lol, but a technomate if your new to it as there by far the easiest to set up and easiest to keep going after you set up,

if you want all the footy you will needs a valid subbed card or as said join a c/s but if you want to go c/s route but a linux box and not a technomate (except the tm9100 which is linux).

to be honest i see all the footy i need with my technomate and the patch, not missed one i wanted to watch yet.