PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 What Game To Get????????

buttyrudecat
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Im thinking of buying a game?
what game should i buy? I was thinking of burnout paradise because i used to be addicted burnout takedown online? What would you recommend? THANKS

tinkertiler
10-02-2008, 10:53 PM
If you like the burnout series go for it but it aint my cup of tea at all!!! PGR4 now thats another story. Have you not modded your console or do you play on LIVE all the time or have you not looked into getting it modded? I have had mine for ages now and i have loads and loads of games and the best bit is they cost the price of a dual layer disc which are cheap now. Saves paying out ?40 each time for a game just download them!

EDIT - Or if you can connect your console up to the internet why not just go online and download a couple of game demos just to have a look how good they are it dont cost anything and a then you can see for yourself how good or bad it is. You can download the demos off LIVE even if you only have a silver account whichis the free one so its worth having a look.

maoo
10-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Its all fine and dandy to play the games for free onffline, but if you ever played them online kiss your xboxlive gold goodbye! (if you had silver then lol wouldn't be able to play them online anyway), if you into car games try Full auto, its very fun and since its quite old now you can get it dirt cheap on fleabay.

tinkertiler
11-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Its a risk but its worth taking ive been online for over 2 years and only been banned once and that was the first time round because of the copy of far cry i had. Yes there is a risk but why not chance it as if you think about it the cost of a new console (core) is less than the cost of 4 new games so you can save loads of money and play on LIVE while you can. There is always a risk and yes i will be banned again i know that but seeing as though i have over 220 games for the 360 i think i can say i have had my moneys worth out of it!

Shipoftheline
11-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Call of Duty 4, nuff said

buttyrudecat
13-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry i forgot to mension ive got call of duty 4 (probs one of the best games ive played on 360!!) i had a game of halo 3 last night i kept pressing the toggle to run! it seems realy slow now! ive been thinkin of havin my 360 modded! but xbox live is more or less all i play on! i mean is it worth it?

Can i just ask? what do the ban the gamerprofile? harddrive? or the console itself?

Shipoftheline
13-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry i forgot to mension ive got call of duty 4 (probs one of the best games ive played on 360!!) i had a game of halo 3 last night i kept pressing the toggle to run! it seems realy slow now! ive been thinkin of havin my 360 modded! but xbox live is more or less all i play on! i mean is it worth it?

Hell I had mine modded straight after buying it. Frak if I'm going to keep paying ?40/50 a game. Just use XDVDMulleter to check the images before burning them and XBOX Live should be ok

buttyrudecat
13-02-2008, 01:03 PM
This is about my 5 xbox it only owes me about ?60 and the guy i know that mods it charges ?30 with a game so i may as well have it done? is it it easy to do yourself? all you have to do is flash the drive dont you? if not ill let him do cause if it fuks up he owes me another one?

Shipoftheline
13-02-2008, 01:22 PM
This is about my 5 xbox it only owes me about ?60 and the guy i know that mods it charges ?30 with a game so i may as well have it done? is it it easy to do yourself? all you have to do is flash the drive dont you? if not ill let him do cause if it fuks up he owes me another one?

I wouldn't do it myself because of the cost if anything went wrong. I thought it better to have someone do it who's modding them all the time. It's not just a simple case of flashing the drive you see. You have to change keys and have the right tool for opening the thing up etc

buttyrudecat
13-02-2008, 01:30 PM
yes ill let him do it! ill end up bricking it! wot so it lets you on xbox live ok? ive got friends with them modded but there not online? thanks for that anyway!

Shipoftheline
13-02-2008, 01:40 PM
yes ill let him do it! ill end up bricking it! wot so it lets you on xbox live ok? ive got friends with them modded but there not online? thanks for that anyway!

I've been online with no problems and I've seen posts where tinkertiler has said the same thing. Just make sure you check the images you download with XDVDMulleter and don't play them until the release date otherwise MS will work out what your doing. I downloaded one game the other week and it's not out for another month lol

ukjamesh
13-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I've been online with no problems and I've seen posts where tinkertiler has said the same thing. Just make sure you check the images you download with XDVDMulleter and don't play them until the release date otherwise MS will work out what your doing. I downloaded one game the other week and it's not out for another month lol
So how long have you been online with a modded xbox?
I have got a modded xbox which got banned in the first batch. I've since bought another xbox so I've now got one for online and one for offline :). Only got 1 game for online....COD4 ;)
I've read about the latest modded firmware being undetectable as long as you have got good copies. How do you know if they are good?

Shipoftheline
13-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I've had it online for about 6 months now (before the banning's) and been fine so far (touch wood) because I've checked all the images. Don't get me wrong I could have been banned because some of the images did turn out to be iffy hence the need to check with XDVDMulleter

tinkertiler
13-02-2008, 06:23 PM
To anyone thinking about getting there console modded and playing on LIVE. Yes there is a risk of getting caught BUT and this is a big BUT i have been on LIVE with my modded console since the first ban wave last may and im still ok at the moment but the way i look at it is i have had my moneys worth in games (over 210 now!!!!) If you think about it you pay ?40 per game if you buy 4 games then you have spent ?160 if you downloaded them same 4 games and put them on disc and played them on live it would cost you less than ?2!!! So even if you get banned then you are still in profit on paper that is when you buy a new console at ?149.

Its worth the risk in my opinion and if i get banned again oh well new console it is then sell this one modded with a few games and get the money for a new one so i wont loose out. shipoftheline has been on for a while and i have been on longer so that should tell you something. Get PGR4 and i will race you its awesome dont ask me to play Call of Duty 4 though im pants!

joe41
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
call of duty awesome.irratating but awsome.pgr4 also good.but dont get pro evoloution for online because the lagging makes the game un playable.

Brigsy
08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Cod4 is great for online gaming, really addictive. Can't knock forza2 if you like driving sims, cheap to buy now!

tuffers
19-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Guitar hero 3 it rocks.

amo
19-04-2008, 02:39 PM
it you like burnout you will like burnout paradise

weeblackhelicopter
22-04-2008, 08:46 PM
GTA IV comes out next week.

I cannot wait.

Maybe the best game ever made!!!!