PDA

View Full Version : Fta101

damujake
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Lost certain channels such as the 3 Paramount channels,the 2 Movies 24 channels and the new Dave channel.My area is NTL would be grateful for any advice.

fergalsworld
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Press menu go to installation and do a auto scan usually red button.

damujake
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
I've already done an autoscan and those channels and those channels haven't appeared

fergalsworld
08-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Plug the feed straight to the box no splitters and if the channels are there but showing the unknown message delete them and do a power scan usually yellow button and
see if that picks them up.

damujake
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info but you've got me lost already.As you've probably noticed I'm new and limited in my knowledge of my box. At present I've had to depend on getting the codes wherever I can and installing them myself.I have done autoscan before but your advice about plugging the feed straight to the box no splitters I don't understand? Could you break that down?

fergalsworld
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
If you have the cable feed split so one goes to the fta101 and the other goes to a pace nthell box.
plug the cable from the white box on the wall straight to the fta101 box see if you get then then
if not do a power scan.
Plus there is a AUfix you can flash on so you wont have to keep putting the k*ys in.

damujake
09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't have the cable feed split as cable runs directly into Fta.I don't use the Pace ntl box.How do I do the AUfix and flash.I'm greatful for your patience so don't give up on me now.That's three thanks so far and they're still building.

fergalsworld
09-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Try deleting the channels that are not showing then do a power scan to see if it picks them up again.
For AU nullmodem cable required and use FTA 101 Loader v4.00 to upload the channel data to your pc then download the CryptFTA101-26052007.bin file to the box then you can send your channel file back to the box.

damujake
10-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Breakdown in communication.From first query I meant that I lost these channels and when I tried auto scan they didn't reappear.Second problem is that I have a mac and not a pc and up until now I can't download Crypt binfile unless you or someone else can tell me an appropriate pc mac connector to do the business.

fergalsworld
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
I have no idea about using a mac pc to do it maybe someone else can help
Have you tried deleting the non working channels and doing a power scan not a auto scan.

damujake
10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
What's the difference between a power scan and an auto scan and how do I go about it?

What's the difference between a power scan and an auto scan.Please explain?

fergalsworld
10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
its scans all the transponders instead of only the ones for you area press yellow button i think instead of the red button.

damujake
11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Spent last night looking for Au null modem cable is it a 9 pin? as there are different options such as 25 pin.Fta 101 Loader v4.00 is that a cable?

fergalsworld
11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Spent last night looking for Au null modem cable is it a 9 pin? as there are different options such as 25 pin.Fta 101 Loader v4.00 is that a cable?
Fta loader is the software you use and the nullmodem cable is like this
DB9 Female DB9F 9 pin RS232 Serial Null Modem 2m Cable on eBay, also, Modem Cables, Cables Connectors, Computing (end time 11-Feb-08 15:35:30 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DB9-Female-DB9F-9-pin-RS232-Serial-Null-Modem-2m-Cable_W0QQitemZ290205085572QQihZ019QQcategoryZ5718 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

damujake
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Couldn't help but find the 232 cable on eBay.I now have to find if i can find some alternate connector to connect to the mac side.I don't know if it's possible but I've got to find out rather than depending on everyone else supplying me with the code numbers when required.As always thanks for your patience.

Hello there,back again after unsuccessful attempts at your previous info.Tried following your advice regarding power scan and then auto scan but red and yellow buttons?Is this the ones on the remote control if so nothing.

fergalsworld
15-02-2008, 08:09 PM
On a working channel press the sig button what is the average level and quality readings.
Do you have your channels organised in the favourites or just one big list and no
favourites set up.

damujake
15-02-2008, 10:29 PM
531000MHz,6887KSKS,64QAM.No favourites I have them in my own order.

fergalsworld
15-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Try a booster as the readings seem to be a bit low also try this
Take note of your keys then press menu then right go to factory setting enter pin 0000 and press ok
set language when prompted then go to auto scan and choose your area and do a scan.

damujake
16-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Take note of what keys?

fergalsworld
16-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Take note of what keys?
From your post 5

At present I've had to depend on getting the codes wherever I can and installing them myself.

damujake
17-02-2008, 11:49 PM
In your last piece of advice to me you said take note of your keys and then press menu.What keys are you referring to?

fergalsworld
18-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I mean the codes you say you have to manually put all the time.

damujake
18-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Took note of all the info you gave and I've also noted what you said about the low readings.I did a broadband speed test and the results were download speed 2.15mbps.Virgin average 3.83mbps.Upload speed 0.19mbps.Virgin average 392kbs.Would that make any difference in my doing a rescan

fergalsworld
18-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Broadband is different to the tv feed it just comes down the same line either
try a reset then scan or try a booster from argos slx1P.

damujake
19-02-2008, 12:28 AM
I think that works out about 19 thanks I owe you.Cheers!

jaythecharmer
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
ok guys i'm shore a few on the site are getting stressed at the fact that cos the fta-101 was one of the first boxes that the upload for it dont always seem to be the priority of the creators

but have no fear i know its a pain but you can still get your box working on a dayly bassis by entering the codes manuly.

the codes you will need to find dayly to update but there are a few sites that you can obtain them from once you have the coads just do the following:

step by step on how to enter the codes:

1. press "MENU" then press "-> ->" to "CHANNEL EDIT" and scroll down to "CODE" then press "OK"

2. in the password box that comes up enter "1010" and press "OK"

3. this will now take you to the "CAS SYSTEM MENU" scroll down
to "NEGRAVOSION" and press "OK"

now you should see 3 boxes of numbers/letters and just above a
provider name, in my case it says "NTL"

4. hightlight the "PROVIDER ID" and press "->" till you reach your provider
(NTL,C&W,TELEWEST ETC) this will only work if you pick yourown provider!!!!!

now you should have 2 key numbers for your provider "key1" and "key2"

5. hightlight the "key number" and press "->" and it should move between (00-01)
00 = key1 and 01 = key2

6. so now set it to "00" and press down to "key" enter the key that been
provided for your provider

7.now go back and hightlight "KEY" and press "->" till it says "01"
then hightlight "key" again and enter your second set of numbers/letters

8. now both keys have been entered press "ok" to store
(wait till the store on the screen stops flashing)

9. now press EXIT EXIT AND EXIT so your back on your viewing screen try one of your movie channels
for best source (done)

right now if your channel still dose not come up its not a worry all we have to do is turn negravision back on
all you have to do is repeat steps 1 and 2 and you should end up back at the "CAS SYSTEM" menu

right now scroll down to hightlight "NEGRAVISION"

now if you notice up the top right on the screen it should say on or off if its off press "->" and
a password box will come up enter code "0000" this should now swich it ON and all you need to do is EXIT till
your viewing screen and now you should be working

if this guide dose not work for you then you will need to find other ways of getting your box
back online

!!WARNING!! it is illegal you obtain channels that are ment to be payed for

this document is free and in no way should be payed for if you have payed for this document please seek a refund

do not use for other makes of cable boxes.
i also hold no responceablity for damage to any fta-101/other cable boxes. (but my own haha)
i releses this document as guide only! use this information at your own RISK!!

thank you

xxjayxx

superman_okuk
28-04-2008, 06:45 PM
New software is now out for this box.=P~

It would be best to get one of the latest boxes on the market now as you wont have any of theses problems with this.