PDA

View Full Version : Lost Defult Applications

01dmeng
28-06-2006, 09:26 PM
On my computer applications including, Paint, Calculator, and the volume controls have diapeared.

I have no idea where they have gone. I have searched a few time with no luck. i have googled my problem and have also not found anything.

The same thing happened when i had windows 2000. Have any of you had the same problem?

Do any of you know how i can get them back?

sammy
28-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi
Do you still have your windows disc
if so you can re-instate them

01dmeng
28-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah but i can not find the .exe file on the disk!

jay
29-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Try searching your computer for calc.exe, or just go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and look it up, it may just be that the shortcut to these programs have been deleated.

If they are missing then go to add remove programs/add windows components choose the missing programs and windows will ask for its disk and find it for you.

hope this helps.

01dmeng
29-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah tried but no luck.

Im am tring to find them to download but havent found anything yet.

saseagle
23-08-2006, 07:44 PM
have you scanned you system for virus or trojan attack. I had a similar problem but the trojan had deleted some of the files in system 32 to try and stop the user running ping , tracert etc. Are you system files for these still ok ?

Haladini
23-08-2006, 09:03 PM
You can attempt to re-install the apps by clicking on Start -> settings -> control panel -> Add/Remove programs. In the Add/remove dialogue box, click on the Add/Remove Windows components button on the left.

When this window opens, click on accessories and utilities, then click the details buttton. In the Accessories and Utilities button, click on accessories, then click on details. If the components you are missing do not have a checkmark, then click on the empty box on the left to place a checkmark in it. This application should be re-installed when you complete this procedure.

If some of the missing apps DO have checkmarks here, then clear the checkmark for those apps and they will be officially uninstalled when you complete this procedure. Click on Ok, then click on Ok again. Click on next and the install/uninstall will proceed, and then click finish.

If you have uninstalled some of your wanted apps, then click on the Add/Remove Windows components button and follow the procedure again, this time adding a checkmark for those apps you want to restore.

Hunter
23-08-2006, 09:17 PM
try creating a new profile

akthar
23-08-2006, 09:31 PM
try this... RC=right click LC=left click

RC on the start button, LC on explore

Expand the 'all users' profile folder

look in the start menu

look in the applications

look in the accessories folder

If the shortcuts are not there, go in to control panel

add and remove programs

windows components

take the tick off accessories and then select update.

once complete, put the tick back on and then select update.

That should fix it.