PDA

View Full Version : Samsung hidden menu

Gatemaster
26-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Dont know if you've got this but here it is:
In the stand by mode press INFO ,MENU, MUTE AND THEN POWER all within 3 seconds and it will appear like magic.

notanotherone
30-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Dont know if you've got this but here it is:
In the stand by mode press INFO ,MENU, MUTE AND THEN POWER all within 3 seconds and it will appear like magic.
ok managed to get into what use is it to me? i dont understand half of it :roflmao: in fact any of it, does it have a purpose for the likes of me ?

billyreh
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I have just done that and brings up a hidden menu, I thinks its and engineers menu for checking faults. Knowing me I change somthing and fubar it up.

Nice find though.

Billy

notanotherone
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I have just done that and brings up a hidden menu, I thinks its and engineers menu for checking faults. Knowing me I change somthing and fubar it up.
Nice find though.
Billy
you cant fubar it up as it has a reset which works casue ive tried it ,but what i was asking was i can get bit but what does it all mean and what`s its uses to a nob?

maxqa99
18-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi, a bit of info taken from AV forums for Samsung LCD TV's about the service menu.....

Service Menu Options:

Ok, the first stop is the Service menu. Now alot of people will tell you not to enter this menu as it will void your warranty, so this is your call. I personally have found that disabling Dynamic Dimming stopped a banding issue I was having, most noticeable in dark scenes. It also stopped the backlight changing levels too slowly when moving from dark scenes to bright scenes. Backup any settings you change, incase you need to restore them.. Be very careful many people press things without realising what they are doing and it is possible to ruin your TVs settings.

To enter the Service Menu, key in the following button combination in sequential order, not holding them down, tap one, then a very short pause, then the next, while the TV is in standby:

INFO + MENU + MUTE + POWER

Now adjust the following settings ONLY in the Adjust menu option:

Dynamic Dimming: Off (This stops the screen flickering when it changes from dark to light scenes quickly and vice versa)
Dynamic Contrast: On
Dynamic CE: Off

Press Power to Exit and save settings, leave it a second and power back on.

Be careful though as I believe if you use the reset facility you will use all the settings you have made in the normal menus

hope this helps

Max