alfalimo
15-01-2008, 12:39 PM
can dreambox be used as satellite top box and a ntl box at the same time if yes
what model should i buy thanks

CableGuy
29-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Not quite sure I understand your question but hope this helps:

DreamBox issues(only):
The model numbers that end in S eg 500S are satellite boxes. Boxes that end with C eg 500C are cable boxes.

A cable tuner is NOT usable for satellite and nor can a Satellite tuner be used as a cable tuner.

Some models can have up to two tuners (could be 1 cable + 1 satellite).

Some models now have hard disk recording built-in.

If you want just cheap cable, then 500C will do; No longer made but still available; Mostly clones
If you want cheap satellite, then 500S will do
If you want HDD version of cable, have alook at the 600C (pricey)

If you want all singing- all dancing : satellite AND cable AND recording HDD AND High Definition AND DVI, then save your pennies and wait (and wait....and wait) for the upcoming 8000 model. Hint: I have been waiting for this for 2 years now.....

Magnu420
29-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Not quite sure I understand your question but hope this helps:

DreamBox issues(only):
The model numbers that end in S eg 500S are satellite boxes. Boxes that end with C eg 500C are cable boxes.

A cable tuner is NOT usable for satellite and nor can a Satellite tuner be used as a cable tuner.

Some models can have up to two tuners (could be 1 cable + 1 satellite).

Some models now have hard disk recording built-in.

If you want just cheap cable, then 500C will do; No longer made but still available; Mostly clones
If you want cheap satellite, then 500S will do
If you want HDD version of cable, have alook at the 600C (pricey)

If you want all singing- all dancing : satellite AND cable AND recording HDD AND High Definition AND DVI, then save your pennies and wait (and wait....and wait) for the upcoming 8000 model. Hint: I have been waiting for this for 2 years now.....

also there is 3 differant versions of the dm600 pvr,these are all single tuners sat,cable,and terrestial,also the 600's have interchangeable tuners so you can plug in differant tuners not at the same
time,the 7025 have twin tuners at the same time

i hope this helps...

Sicilian
30-04-2008, 11:37 AM
If you want twin tuners the DM7025+ is the way to go, get it with a cable tuner & sat tuner. Both can be run simultaisusly.

fojis
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi,, I take it when you refer to sat receivers it means the noramal mini dish from S*y that can connect to it?

notanotherone
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi,, I take it when you refer to sat receivers it means the noramal mini dish from S*y that can connect to it?
connecting a s*k dish to one of these will get you f&** all they mean to a motorised dish

Mickey12
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
dm7025 is only way to go. Due to its 2 tuners cards, once can be cable and the other sat, which will do what you need.