PDA

View Full Version : is there a differnace

notanotherone
12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
hi this mite seem a silly question but a mate bought a eurovox max v(its a black thing) hes telling me hes tried to get it to work and he cant when i saw it i said it wouldnt work as its a satellite reciever and not a cable as i dont know about these things am i right?and if not how easy it to set up as i know nothing of them when i switched it on all i could see on lcd was 4 ---- ?does that mean anything ?

Dr X
12-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Have u connected it via scart to tv and what do u get ?? sounds like its in factory mode NAO m8, and so will need to be scanned for channels ect and set to the provider and so on.
Its not a sat receiver but for cab tv, but is original made for sat tv but with the system been changed to give cab tv ;)

Dr X

notanotherone
12-01-2008, 11:17 PM
ok m8 heres wot happens when i put it on i get 4---- across the lcd but then i dont know what to do? do i need firmaware on it? i have downloaded a few things? but dont know if they are the right things

notanotherone
14-01-2008, 09:36 PM
ok update just done my first eurovox :roflmao: alot easier to do than i thot in fact it was easy once i read how and got a bit advice here and there managed to get channels in favorites but couldnt figure out how to make then like bbc1 channel 1 ill leave that to him lol but hes got tv sport movies and entertainment he can play around putting them in order lol thaks for the help

Dr X
03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Knew yea would get it sorted NAO m8ty its realy a plug and play type receiver and they real easy to work once u have a fiddle about with them. ;)

Dr X