PDA

View Full Version : tw boxes

desmondo
27-06-2006, 08:29 PM
I was wondering if you had to chip the recievers or just write the cards and what software and where you would get it to do it.

2tone
28-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I was wondering if you had to chip the recievers or just write the cards and what software and where you would get it to do it.
To the first ? no you dont chip the reciever,If you have the card that came with the reciever you can just use that but you will have to buy an unlopper to open the card cost about 25 to 40 then you will need a card programmer this will cost from about 20 up,if useing a mosc card i.e the ntl ,tw or c&w card you will need a phoenix card programmer to put a new image on it there is alot of stuff out there to get it's upto you how much you want to spend.There is othere ways to get your box key and ird from the reciever if you dont want to buy an unlopper.Let us know what type or reciever it is and we will help you out

desmondo
28-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks very much for your help there.
What is the difference between all the cards such as titanium,mosc and funcards and would i need a specific writer for each of these cards or is there one that does them all?. Also when they are programmed do you have to continually update them?, i remember a friend who had one and it needed to be zapped all the time almost monthly.

bammy
28-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Only monthly? It got to the stage of updates required daily at one point! :) But this was generally where people used funcards (which did not autoupdate at the time); these days nearly everyone is using an autoupdate card of some description. The best card is generally recognised as the MOSC (Modified Original Smart Card) as this is a genuine Nagra card whereas all the others are emulating - the effect of this was seen at the end of last year when all titanium cards went down as the cc started using some feature of the genuine nagra card instruction set which the titanium emulation failed to cope with. As to what programmer to buy, the Duolabs Dynamite or the Infinity are recognised as two of the best and will support a wide range of cards.

If you already have a box, it will be worth telling us what model it is (and if it has the original card) as the detail of how to obtain the boxkey will vary depending on the model.

desmondo
06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Got my duo labs dynamite, it said in the ad that this was also an unlooper is this correct and can i get the bk & ird from the card? At the moment im a little lost. I have quite a few boxes with the original cards all tw the models are pace model no- di1010t phase 1b? And explorer 4200dvb and a silver Samsung 2100c for ntl which is my mums. Hope someone can help me out from here as im a total newbie to this section.

jumpinjo
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
m8 first thing you need to do is get progger up and running(pheonix mode) and no it aint an unlooper...then check revision of cards in nagraedit to see what you got. you would be best to get unlooper as you gonna need for sa4200 card and hope you can open or i would forget about that one as if no bk from card your looking at lifting the 56tsop from mother board reading and replacing..not easy at all for noob..you can get a lead simm to do 1010 if you cant get bk from card..try search for it :)

desmondo
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Couple of questions where do i get nagra edit and what is a lead simm?
Also when i put any of the cards in the reader i get an ATR number what is that? And on the duolabs web site it states if i connect an rs232 cable it opens the unlooping function. Thanks in advance.

jumpinjo
06-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Couple of questions where do i get nagra edit
Downloads

what is a lead simm?

a search will reveal

Also when i put any of the cards in the reader i get an ATR number what is that?
thats normal.

And on the duolabs web site it states if i connect an rs232 cable it opens the unlooping function
dont know anything about progger as i use infinity but you need to connect serial lead as well i would think to use nagraedit