PDA

View Full Version : Freesat is a new quality free digital satellite tv service launching in the uk in spr

Timoweb
02-01-2008, 08:47 PM
No subscription HD finally in the uk from Freesat.

The BBC and ITV bring you freesat, a brand new digital satellite TV service offering free HD TV programming at no extra cost. freesat has no monthly subscription, just a one-off payment for the digital box, satellite dish and installation - so you pay once, and watch forever. And because freesat is broadcast via satellite, it'll be available to almost every household in the UK when it launches in Spring 08.

Read more on there site freesat - the new free HD digital satellite TV service from the BBC & ITV (http://www.freesat.co.uk/home.php)

happyclapper
07-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Cant wait for this mate. Still cant get freeview where i am up in Scotland

DessertDog
06-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Here is a link to a good site tells you all about FreeSat.

http://w**.astra2d.com/freesat.htm

jassian
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Is there any future for Freeview?

little_pob
07-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Is there any future for Freeview?
Freeview should be rolling out HD from next year. There will be 3 channels to start with, with a fourth possibly once the analogue switch off has finished.

OfCom have gifted one channel to the BBC Trust, the rest will be up for commercial tender to the highest bidder - unfortunally this does mean we could end up with HD shopping channels rather than ITV HD (I know ITV HD is 'freesat exclusive' at the moment).

Freeview HD will broadcast using MPEG-4, which means that you'll need a new box to get the new channels - the 'old' MPEG-2 boxes will still be able to receive SD freeview broadcasts.

The new standard will be called DVB-T2; I need your clothes, boots and your motorcycle ;)

B2B
11-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I hope freesat turns out to be better than freeview, after all the hype I still can't get more than half a dozen channels where I live.
B

davedap
11-08-2008, 01:20 AM
I think all hdtv should be free like this

krazylegz
11-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I think all hdtv should be free like this

so do i m8

ireland-batt
21-08-2008, 10:57 PM
naw mate freesat will only be as good as the content they show plus why not just buy a non freesat hd sat box you will get all the channels and more as the scanning on some freesat boxes is very limited