PDA

View Full Version : PS3 network issues

frankthetank
02-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi

First time poster.....

Any one had any probs with connecting their ps3 wirelessly? mine just wont connect trys to but just drops the connection. it recognises my network and all the settings are fine. You then run an internet connection test. sometimes it obtains an ip and sometimes it doesnt, nealry always fails the test at the third option which is the ps3 store i think. I have restored all the settings to see if I have messed up somewhere but to no avail. my wireless router is set at factory defaults apart from security which is just a wpa key. all my other wireless devices work fine. Router is linksys wrt54g.

Please can anyone help as I cannot use ps3 as no games I just want to download some demos.

thanks

pande_monium
07-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi

First time poster.....

Any one had any probs with connecting their ps3 wirelessly? mine just wont connect trys to but just drops the connection. it recognises my network and all the settings are fine. You then run an internet connection test. sometimes it obtains an ip and sometimes it doesnt, nealry always fails the test at the third option which is the ps3 store i think. I have restored all the settings to see if I have messed up somewhere but to no avail. my wireless router is set at factory defaults apart from security which is just a wpa key. all my other wireless devices work fine. Router is linksys wrt54g.

Please can anyone help as I cannot use ps3 as no games I just want to download some demos.

thanks

1. Your wi-fi signal strength may not be enough. You might want to revisit that. Try repositioning the router in a different place - not too close to a wall. Preferably on the 1st floor of the house or else as high as possible.
2. I'm also assuming that you've put in the 13-character WPA password correctly. Might be worth a shot verifying that.
3. If the above fails, remove the security and trying connecting. If this fails as well, then you may have either signal strength or interference issues. If you succeed, then work your security up slowly by first using MAC Address filtering and then adding WPA.
4. Does the wired connection work? Try that to narrow down to whether the problem lies with the NIC card on the PS3 or the wi-fi card.

pipehose
27-01-2008, 06:36 PM
ive wired my having same prob can not get a ip address