PDA

View Full Version : The samsung g600

nishi
30-12-2007, 06:03 PM
do u have this phone if yes post your reviews of in here

A GOOD Good samsung g600 REVIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A g600 review the main things

design This phone is only 14.9 milimeters thin which is not as thin as the u600/700 but it is definatly mot fatty. The screen is 16milion colours and 2.2 inches wide diagonaly, on the top of the phone is the power on off button. On the side, memory card slot, camera focus etra. You have to open the slide to see the camera and led light, that has a lable saying 5 mega. The key pad is good with no touch sensitive keys (finaly)

camera Lets start at the camera it is 5 mega with a very very bright led light, but not as powerful as xsilon which is found on sony erricsson. It is done in landscape mode unlike the d900. there are lots of options like timer, the amount of pixcles, panorama mode lets you take pictures of wide views such as landscapes, and macro mode lets you take close-up shots. There's a built-in picture editor, and direct printing to a Pictbridge-compatible printer is supported i havent tested that yet, the video is 15ftp but if you go to a lower resolution it can go up to 30 ftps which is good the sound quality is ok for a samsung phone. The k810i is pritty good but the g600 is just a little bit better than the k810i, The k810i has better flash thaugh. The Nokie has a 5 mego and sony has a 5 mega but the g600 is thinner.
The camera has...

...Shooting mode
Single shot
Take and save
Automatic save
Multi shot
6/9/15 shots. Normal/High
Mosaic shot
Panorama shot

Size (9 resolutions)
Macro (Off/On)
Flash (Off/Auto/On)
Timer (Off/3/5/10sec)
Effects (13)
Frames (29)
White balance (6)
ISO (Auto/100/200/400/800)
Viewfinder mode
Regular
Indicator
Guidelines
Camera shortcuts

Pressing the right button will open the camera options list, including Camera, Scene, Camcorder, Gallery, Settings and Exit. Scene is very similar to the Camera but trades some of the options (Effects, White balance, and ISO) for scene modes including:

Auto
Party / Indoor
Beach / Snow
Sunset
Dusk / Dawn
Autumn colour
Backlight
Night

mp3 Next i am going to talk about is the mp3 which is amsing the speaker is loud enough, this mp3 suports (MP3, AAC, AAC+, 3-AAC+ and WMA) you can use a blutooth headset, and/or dual headsets so your friends can listen to your music( if you have any friends). In the mp3 player you can organise your sons by artist, rate them, its easyer to use than an ipod or walkemen player. You should get 1 gig memory in the pacage and a blutooth thing. If you want to listen to music for a long time then use ofline mode.

There are plenty of other features - highlights include a document viewer, offline mode, Bluetooth and USB connectivity, and quadband. Battery life seems to be quite good. the inter isn't as fast as it could be but it is ok for a none 3g device.

organiser There is an problem with the phone book you can only store 5 contacts,Another thing is in the main menu is the Calendar, which by shows the month but can also show the week or the day. The view can be personalized and so does the starting day of the week. Like the phonebook and some other options, it is absolutely identical to the one used in the D900 (my last pphone). There are four entry types that can be added to a day: Appointment, Anniversary, Miscellany and Task. Appointments offer fields for the subject, location and details, start and due date and time, and can also be set to have alarm and to repeat (every day/week/month). As you can expect, the Anniversary will have fields for occasion and date and will also allow for alarm and reoccurring by year. The Miscellany is designed for reminders and houses the same options as the Appointments but lacks Location and option for repeat. As you can expect, the Task has definition field, start and due date, priority and optional alarm. The back ground is cool but could have done a better view of big ben.

phonecall and extras It has a video player which only suports 2 types. The phone call are goob but the speaker is very low it could of gone louder!!! It can go louder with the mp3

First Hour

As soon as I got it I tryed the camera a bit complex but it prodces good results 10 min
Then I decide to try the mp3 amasing amasing amasing etra 5 minI then went on the internet I thought what wrong with this it is a bit slow ( I thought it was a 3G device but who cares whell i do but ... well anyway 5min
I tryed the video better than sony erricsson but not quite as good as nokie 15 min
Played on games 20 min
Loved the phone
If you have any tips for improvment plez tell me

mans0012
29-01-2008, 04:15 PM
but the phone looks ugly lol

telboy
19-05-2008, 08:53 PM
you got eyes on the side of your head then coz when i use mine thats where its at lol.

Kiefels
01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I like Samsungs. Had a lot of them but.

They don't listen to the customer.

They all look pretty but if sending a text is a big a nightmare as on the D900. e.g

Type your text
send
send via sms
contacts
phonebook
select your recipient
ok
ok
send.

Hell I could walk or drive and tell the person myself.

Is it the same?

Coz when your boss is walking up the shop floor. Speed is upmost.

Also the internal memory is pretty lousy.
The camera is as good as the Sony. IF you play with the settings.
You can't upload games. You have to download them.
You are limited to the original themes.
Unless you like tweaking firmware and uploading it back?
Standard speaker playback is always quiet compared to other makes.

Oh and I had a play with the Soul. ANd bugger me if it aint the same as the G600 but with a touch keypad instead of your nav buttons.

Still. They are pretty and after having a Nokia for 3 months I got so fed up with charging it I went back to the D900.

But IMO I would perhaps aim toward the K850i rather than the G600. And if I could afford it the Sony C902. That thing looks like the Dees Bees.

Oh and I aint dissing Samsung. I like Samsungs have done for years but Sony are creeping up in my estimation.

Nokias are for old skool. The elders use them because they are used to them.