PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to PC?

Dalezy
28-12-2007, 08:15 PM
hello there, i was wondering if ps3 games can be converted somehow to be played on PC, my pc is top end so can most likely handle the graphics and so on.

any help appreciated.

tinkertiler
29-12-2007, 07:00 PM
No mate sorry

watto_uk
30-12-2007, 07:21 PM
No. Definateley not. And probably not for 4 or so years. Emulation is not something that scales well. When we're up to around 12 or so GHZ, we'll be okay. By that time, Blu ray drives will have come down to a sensible price as well.

thed4ddy
08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
lol.... never know maybe sooner than 4 years, technology is advancing very fast

jahhus
10-04-2008, 03:56 AM
i think you can get sumert called Mame to work on your pc, its like a emulater, but the graphics will not compare to your ps3.

if you are after an emulator for the Ps3 games then, like the above post i will have to say that is a years off yet though. (unlees you got a time machine?) ;-)

kujina
22-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Give it 3 years.

pande_monium
22-07-2008, 07:52 PM
hello there, i was wondering if ps3 games can be converted somehow to be played on PC, my pc is top end so can most likely handle the graphics and so on.

any help appreciated.

Would it not be a lot more sensible to just get the PC version of the game ? :)

Perhaps I'm missing something here...

And oi... stop post clocking before one of the mods comes crashing on you :lol3: !!

kevdoc06
22-07-2008, 11:14 PM
even if you could, why would you want 2? it defeats the whole purpose of buying a ps3 in the first place lol!

Diablo13
23-07-2008, 12:09 AM
even if you could, why would you want 2? it defeats the whole purpose of buying a ps3 in the first place lol!

I may be wrong but I get the impression that he does'nt have a PS3, but likes some of the games that are PS3 exclusives and would like to play them on his high end rig?
If only life were that easy, I would do that as well as I love the Final Fantasy series.

Collider
23-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I remeber when they tried this with HALO way back on a PC and trust me it didnt work then,to many diferent things like chips etc(you wouldnt want to run vista on a mac) and vice versa

stumc
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
In a word No! but a lot of PS3 games are already available for PC except for sony exclusives of course.

maoo
24-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Short version, likely never, long version, it is possible BUT only if a team reverse engineered the game code, then re-programmed it to run off your pc... Would probly be more work than the same team trying to make the game from scratch lool. Plus they would probly have to write custom driver codes for graphics cards, given how may are on the market, would be a massive task to try and even make the game compatible with only the new cards avaiable, let alone the ones everyday users run!

As for emulation, I would not hold your breath, they still have not got a reliable ps2 emulator, that console is over 10 years old now! Btw the cell processor clocks in at over 30ghz when all processors on the chip are running at max output, pc's are a long way off thanks to Intel and AMD using their small speed increment scam to get us to upgrade more often.

andywebmail
25-05-2009, 03:21 PM
i think you can get sumert called Mame to work on your pc, its like a emulater, but the graphics will not compare to your ps3.
if you are after an emulator for the Ps3 games then, like the above post i will have to say that is a years off yet though. (unlees you got a time machine?) ;-)
MAME32 is an Arcade Machine emulator & is very good & free, I run it to play old school games on the PC like Defender, Galaxian, Streetfighter ect. You just select the game ROM and start it up, Great! Some people hook up the ARCADE-X controller to the pc for a real arcade sim & some build the lot into a arcade cabinet or the two sided "coffee table" Over 3000 game roms available out there. :-)