PDA

View Full Version : k800i white screen

krazylegz
28-12-2007, 02:45 PM
my old phone hasnt been turned on for a few days and i put a unused simcard in it and went to delete my photos,seen there was loads and decicded to reset the phone,but just as i went to hit master reset the battery moved (as back cover was off) and the phone went off,now when i turn it back on i get the normal sony ericsson splash screen the the screen goes white with please wait written on it.

any ideas

y2krog2000
28-12-2007, 02:52 PM
You could try taking the battery and sim out while its still switched on then replace the battery and turn it back on (a hard reboot) that fixes a lot of problems with mobile phones but not sure if it will fix this. And have you tried to master reset the phone again because this should fix it to, it should be in the settings menu.

krazylegz
28-12-2007, 03:28 PM
cheers y2k i'll try the hard reboot again,i cant get into the settings menu as it's just stuck on the please wait screen

krazylegz
28-12-2007, 08:06 PM
hard reboot never worked y2k:(

i got it done by upgrading the software on phone from the sony ericsson web site

cheers for ya help tho;)

Pebblo
01-01-2008, 11:07 PM
You could try taking the battery and sim out while its still switched on then replace the battery and turn it back on (a hard reboot) that fixes a lot of problems with mobile phones but not sure if it will fix this. And have you tried to master reset the phone again because this should fix it to, it should be in the settings menu.

Generally this would be perfectly safe to do on a mobile phone.

But doing this on a SE phone (mainly the early K800i's but not only that one) can actually cause more damage. SE phones have a tendancy to corrupt the EROM if the battery is taken out of the phone while its still on, causing the dreaded blinking red light.

Generally only happens on the earlier ones as theres been a fix out for a while now but just though I'd mention it for anyone reading this.

mans0012
29-01-2008, 01:05 PM
will need a software flash