PDA

View Full Version : telephone wiring

proevofanatik
25-12-2007, 03:08 AM
i am goin to attempt to install a phone line in my dads house. he snipped the wire ages ago as he thought he would never have a house phone again. now he wants broadband and will need a phone line to get it. so can someone please advise me on the wiring.

the wire colours are orange, green, blue and brown. can someone please tell me where these wires go. there is also a thin orange thread and a thin white thread in the wire casing.

thanks kevin

fortunecomms
25-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi mate.
You've got a socket downstairs already conneted and terminated. Open this socket you should see two or three cables connected. each terminal will be numbered. from 1 to 6. the wires connected should be white/blue and blue. and maybe the green. White/blue and blue should be connected in sockets 2 and 5 and the green in 4 only if your face plate doest have a yellow capacitor. all you need to do is run the cable to your dads room fix the socket on the wall and terminate it exactly the same as the one you are conneting to. will you be using cordless or a fax in that bedroom?

=the orange and white thread if for ripping the casing open.

proevofanatik
27-12-2007, 10:48 AM
the thing is m8 i dont have a socket fitted at all. he cut it off. so i dont know what wires go were. the colours are orange, blue, green, brown.

thanks

robsdesk
13-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi,

This page should help you:

UK Telephone Wiring (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Assuming it was originally installed according to the proper scheme.