PDA

View Full Version : cpu

matyy765
27-06-2006, 09:57 AM
dose any one no how to to overclock a duron 1.8??
CPU type amd duron 1.8
-Memory 704mb PC2700
-Cooling is a p4 heatsinks+fan
case fan p4
Motherboard matsonic ms8328e
PSU 400watts

Mrowley
27-06-2006, 10:49 AM
It depends on your BIOS on your mainboard, if you can Up the FSB Ratio then do it that way (its in "frequency and voltage control") BUT REMEMBER TO DO IT IN SMALL INCREMENTS! Resart each time until your up to a decent speed, dont be greedy tho... even if the board boots on the highest speed you try... i suggest knocking it down 1 step to avoid any wierd malfunctions in windows (Unless you have a top of the line O/C ers Board) IF you go too far just unplug from the mains, Then change the "Clear CMOS" jumper for about 10 secs then change it back and start over. (If you cant find the jumper just whip the CMOS bat out for bout a minute, it does the same job) You can overclock with your voltage but if your not sure about it, i garauntee you'll fry your chip or your board or both.

Good luck

jay
27-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Not really advisable mate, the durons run quite hot as it is, check the temperature in the BIOS first. Although i've never done it you need to unlock it first using the pencil trick for optimum results, click here (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. for more information.