PDA

View Full Version : Khan To Fight For A World Title In 2008?

y2krog2000
21-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Khan to tackle Dane Kristjansen

Amir Khan turns in triumph after knocking down Graham Earl
Khan made short work of Earl in his most recent outing
Amir Khan will return to the ring on 2 February against Denmark's Martin Kristjansen at London's ExCel Arena.

Khan, 21, is eager to resume his rise up the world rankings after taking just 72 seconds to beat former British champion Graham Earl on 8 December.

The fight will be made for the nominal WBO intercontinental lightweight crown.

But promoter Frank Warren said: "I will writing to the WBO with the aim of making this fight as an eliminator for the world title."

Kristjansen, 30, holds a respectable 19-1-3 pro record, and has won his last eight fights, but has only five victories by way of stoppage.

Warren said: "This is another step up for Amir. Kirstjansen is world ranked and will give him plenty to think about.

"Amir has only just turned 21, but he looked absolutely sensational in demolishing an experienced former champion in Graham Earl."

Olympic silver medallist Khan is currently ranked sixth by the WBO, ninth by the WBC and 15th by the WBA.

BBC SPORT | Boxing | Khan to tackle Dane Kristjansen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7156519.stm)

Dont think hes world class yet but good luck to him.

nav
13-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeh, I do think he's getting a bit eager to quickly, a few more fights and experience would defintely help Amir Khan.

Good luck to the fella!

bluboy78
15-04-2008, 04:06 PM
think he should fight for european title first

maf786
16-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Amir khan is a joke no offence the guy only fought a bum. Until he fights a decent fighter you cant really judge the guy. In his weight class there are loads of talented fighters. I think the current champion nate campbell would konck him out.